The Tannahill Weavers Epona
- Released: September 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Green Linnet
- 1.Interceltic Set: Dominic McGowan / Neil Anns A' Bhata / Tha Toll Air ...: Dominic McGowan / Neil Anns A' Bhata Mhor / Tha Toll Air A' Bhata / Quirang Quickstep
- 2.When the Ky Come Hame / Munlochy Bridge: When The Kye Come Hame / Munlochy Bridge
- 3.Lord Drummond
- 4.The Braes O'Glennifer
- 5.The Great Ships
- 6.Carronside Set: Carronside / Miss Grace Hays / Miss Sarah MacFayden: Carronside / Miss Grace Hays / Miss Sarah Macfadyen
- 7.Rich Man's Silver
- 8.McGregor of Rora Set: McGregor of Rora / Port an ...: McGregor Of Rora / Port An Righ / Bogallen / Malcolm The Tailor / The Primrose Girl
- 9.Craigieburn Wood
- 10.Loch Tayside Set: Superscot / Am Breamatain Tobhain Dubh / Charms of ...: Superscot / Am Breamatain Tobhain Dubh / Charms Of Whiskey / Loch Tayside Reel / Ruairidh Of Barra's Reel / The New Reel
- 11.Westlin' Winds
- 12.Robin Tamson's Smiddy / Highland Kitty: Robin Tamson's Smiddy / Highland Kitty
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Tannahill Weavers: Les Wilson, Phil Smillie (vocals, various instruments); Roy Gullane (vocals, guitar); Duncan J. Nicholson, John Martin (various instruments).
Personnel: Phil Smillie (vocals, whistling, flute, bodhran); Les Wilson (vocals, guitar, bouzouki, keyboards); Roy Gullane (vocals, guitar); Duncan J. Nicholson (whistling, pipe, bagpipe); John Martin (fiddle, viola, cello, bodhran).
Liner Note Author: Maggie Smillie.
Recording information: Edinburgh, Scotland (04/1998-06/1998).
Editor: Maggie Smillie.
Arranger: The Tannahill Weavers.
EPONA continues the Tannahill Weavers' nearly 20-year custom of making tightly woven, intense and often passionate music within the framework of their Scottish folk music heritage. EPONA features mostly traditional tunes, like the spirited "When the Kye Come Hame" and the instrumental "Carronside Set," which teams up a Highland air with a lively traditional jig and a modern jig by Jennifer Wrigley. Two graceful Robert Burns love songs are included as well, "Craigieburn Wood," and "Westlin' Winds." A large part of the Weavers' longevity and success is due to the group's changing lineup of highly skilled musicians, revolving around steadfast members Roy Gullane, on guitar and vocals, and Phil Smillie on flute, whistles, vocals and bodhran.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE