How Green Was My Valley (Full Screen)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.14 (28% Off)|
- Audio Commentary
- "AMC Backstory: 'How Green Was My Valley'"
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 14, 2003
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Maureen O'Hara - Star
- ALL ABOUT EVE
- GENTLEMAN'S AGREEMENT
- Screenplay (240 Stills)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Maureen O'Hara & Walter Pidgeon|
|Performer:||Donald Crisp, Anna Lee, Roddy McDowall, John Loder, Sara Allgood, Barry Fitzgerald, Patric Knowles, Rhys Williams, Arthur Shields, Mae Marsh, Ann E. Todd & Lionel Pape|
|Directed by||John Ford|
|Edited by||James B. Clark|
|Screenwriting by||Philip Dunne & Richard Llewellyn|
|Composition by||Alfred Newman|
|Art Direction by||Richard Day|
|Produced by||Darryl F. Zanuck|
|Director of Photography:||Arthur Miller|
"...Topically relevant and emotionally overwhelming..."
"[A] film full of magnificent deep-focus effects, presented both in low-ceiling interiors and in outdoor vistas..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Seen through the eyes of a boy (Roddy McDowall), How Green Was My Valley is the inspiring yet heartbreaking story of young parents (Donald Crisp and Sara Allgood) struggling to keep their family together as they endure severe hardship in a small Welsh mining town. Co-starring Maureen O'Hara and Walter Pidgeon, this acclaimed classic captures the sentiments and issues of its time while reminding us of the dreams, struggles and triumphs that can touch every family.
Richard Llewellyn's nostalgic novel, with its Fordian themes of family and community, could hardly have found a better director. While the acting and writing are excellent, this is truly Ford's film, one in which his brilliantly chosen groupings and compositions are the most expressive elements. Possibly the most moving film of Ford's career, HOW GREEN IS MY VALLEY received five Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director.
- HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1990.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 103 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 33,381
- UPC: 024543060734
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Chan Triple Feature: The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.