Serge Gainsbourg Initials S.G.
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 24, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Ume Imports
- 1.Le Poinconneur des Lilas
- 2.Intoxicated Man
- 3.La Javanaise
- 4.Chez les Ye-Ye
- 5.Couleur Cafe
- 6.Qui est in Qui est Out
- 7.Docteur Jekyll et Monsieur Hyde
- 8.Bonnie and Clyde - (with Brigitte Bardot)
- 9.Ford Mustang
- 10.Initials Bb
- 11.Requiem pour un C.
- 12.Je Taime Moi Non Plus - (with Jane Birkin)
- 14.69 Annee Erotique - (with Jane Birkin)
- 15.Sous le Soleil Exactement
- 16.Ballade de Melody Nelson
- 17.La Decadanse - (with Jane Birkin)
- 18.Je Suis Venu Te Dire que Je Men Vais
- 19.L' Homme a Tete de Chou
- 20.Marilou Sous la Neige
- 21.Sea Sex and Sun
- 22.Aux Armes It Caetera
- 23.Dieu Fumeur de Havanes - (with Catherine Deneuve)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Sylvie Simmons.
Authors: David Holmes; Nicolas Godin; Beck; Marianne Faithfull.
Photographers: Stan Wiezniak; Philippe Lerichomme.
Arrangers: Don Ray; Jean-Pierre Sabar; Alain Goraguer; Alan Hawkshaw; Michel Colombier; Arthur Greenslade.
One of the best Serge Gainsbourg retrospectives available, INITIALS S.G. features 23 of the French lothario's finest tunes, drawing primarily from his 1960s/'70s heyday. Many of the songs on this collection find Gainsbourg performing solo (including the wacky, swaggering "Docteur Jekyll et Monsieur Hyde"), but S.G.'s handful of duets easily garner the most attention, particularly the campy "Bonnie and Clyde," with his one-time muse Brigitte Bardot, and the steamy "Je T'aime Moi Non Plus," with his wife, Jane Birkin. Although Gainsbourg's dramatic pop arrangements and coarse spoken-word-like singing are an acquired taste, those who appreciate the decadent tunes of the hipster icon will be well-served by this excellent compilation.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!