Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Korean - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes: "Pure Rage: The Making of 28 DAYS LATER"
- Audio Commentary: Danny Boyle - Director; Alex Garland - Screenwriter
- Trailers: High Definition Theatrical Trailers
- Music Video: Jacknife Lee
- Alternate Scenes:
- Deleted Scenes (6; w/Optional Commentary)
- Alternate Endings (4; 3 w/Optional Commentary)
Storyboards (w/ Animation)
- Running Production Stills (w/ Commentary)
- Running Polaroids (w/ Introduction)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 07/01/2003
"...28 DAYS LATER is the genuine article, a hard-core horror picture from start to finish....This is a punk rock zombie movie..."
New York Times - 06/27/2003
"When 28 DAYS LATER is not scaring you silly, it invites you to reflect seriously on the fragility of modern civilization....Mr. Boyle has hardly lost his sly, provocative perversity or his ear for the rhythms of unchecked violence..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/27/2003
"...Wonderfully, horribly scary....Boyle knows that the world is an unbelievably terrifying place....He never takes us fully out of our reality -- he just throws open the door and watches us scramble..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/27/2003
"...28 DAYS LATER is a swankily austere piece of jeepers creepers sci-fi....[A] stark and stylish apocalyptic horror film..."
Rolling Stone - 07/24/2003
"...Boyle and screenwriter Alex Garland plumb the violence of the mind with slashing wit and shocking gravity. Happy nightmares..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 07/01/2003
"...28 DAYS LATER is a provocative, scary thriller with timely overtones..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/17/2003
"...Superior science fiction..."
Wall Street Journal - 10/02/2009
"It simply scares us out of our wits, then gets us to apply those wits to an uncommonly intelligent and suspenseful zombie flick."
London, England |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release Date: June 27, 2003
- After a month in U.S. theaters, on July 25, 2003, a new version of the film was put into circulation with a second ending. After the original ending a title reading, "But what if..." appeared onscreen with a 4-minute alternative finish.