Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby 5.1 MLP - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Mono 1.0 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Steve Pond - Author
- Featurette: THE SCENE THAT STOLE JAILHOUSE ROCK
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/17/2007
"[JAILHOUSE ROCK] features a lot of dynamic musical numbers." -- Grade: B+
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2007
"[T]he classic title track gets a terrific, swivel-hipped staging and swagger in which everybody in the old cell block really is dancing to the jailhouse rock."
After learning to play guitar and sing during a stint in the Big House, a minor-league punk kid becomes a rock star, with a little help from a beautiful agent. But the pressures of fame wear him down. Considered by many to be Elvis Presley's best film because of its eerie narrative prescience, noirish setting, and quality songs, especially the poolside performance of "You're So Square."
After a barroom brawl, young Vince Everett is sent to prison for manslaughter. With a little help from his hard-nosed cellmate, Everett begins developing his singing talents. After his release, the bitter but determined Vince spares no one as he climbs his way to the top of the music charts.
Elvis Presley |
Musical Sequences |
Prison / Prisoners |
Rags To Riches |
Rock And Roll |
- Co-produced by Avon Productions.
- Tracks include:
"Treat Me Nice"
"Young and Beautiful"
"I Want to be Free"
"Don't Leave Me Now"
"Baby, I Don't Care"
- Film is also available in colorized version.