Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$9.99 (83% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Eric Marienthal ~ Sweet Talk ~ $17.08
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: May 25, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: GRP Records
- 1.No Doubt About It
- 2.That's the Way
- 3.One for James
- 4.Walk Through the Fire
- 7.The Village
- 8.Tanto Amor
- 9.Back Talk
- 10.Where Are You?
Personnel: Eric Marienthal (soprano, alto, tenor & baritone saxophones); Wayne Bergeron (trumpet); Andy Martin (trombone); Russell Ferrante (piano, keyboards, programming); James Harrah, Peter Sprague, Oliver Leiber (guitar); Alec Milstein, Jimmy Haslip (bass); John Robinson (drums); Randy Hall, Eric Benet Jordan, Lisa Jordan, Kiki Ebsen (background vocals).
Additional guest artists: Ivan Lins (vocals); Dave Koz (soprano saxophone); David Benoit (piano, keyboards, sequencing); Paul Jackson Jr. (guitar); Paulinho Da Costa (percussion).
Producers: Jeff Lorber, Russell Ferrante, Jimmy Haslip, Eric Marienthal.
Engineers: Jeff Lorber, Bernie Kirsh, Bob Brown.
Recorded at JHL Studio, Pacific Palisades, California; Mad Hatter Studios and Studio Masters, Los Angeles, California.
Personnel: Eric Marienthal (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Ivan Lins, Carl Anderson (vocals); Wayne Bergeron (guitar, trumpet); James Harrah, Oliver Leiber, Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Dave Koz (soprano saxophone); Andy Martin (trombone); Russell Ferrante (piano, keyboards, programming); David Benoit (piano); Jeff Lorber (synthesizer, programming, drum programming); John "J.R." Robinson (drums); Alex Acu¤a, Paulinho Da Costa (percussion); Randy Hall , Kiki Ebsen, Benet (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Eric Marienthal; Geoff Gillette; Jeff Lorber; Jimmy Haslip; Alan Meyerson; Russell Ferrante.
Recording information: JHL Studio, Pacific Palisades; Mad Hatter Studios, LA, CA; Studio Masters, LA, CA.
Photographer: Jeff Sedlik.
Altoist Eric Marienthal (who is also heard on tenor, soprano and baritone) plays well throughout One Touch but he is the only reason to acquire this disc. The backup, which includes keyboardist-producer Jeff Lorber, a few vocalists and guest appearances from pianist David Benoit and bassist John Patitucci, is mostly pretty anonymous. The originals are forgettable and usually fade out when the music gets too heated. With all of the selections clocking in between three-and-a-half and almost five minutes, potential radio airplay was obviously the main purpose behind the music, which is consistently commercial, accessible, mildly soulful and very predictable. At best, One Touch succeeds as background music but a close listen will frustrate listeners who know that Eric Marienthal is capable of much more. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,404
- UPC: 011105969123
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- Ace of Base Cruel Summer (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Nat Adderley Hummin' (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Alisha Bounce Back (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Allures "Acappella" Starlight Sessions, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Marc Almond Tenement Symphony (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs Product Series:
- 3-2 Get Funky The Return of the Funky Ones (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The 3rd Edition Acappella Memories - Long Island Style (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- A Voyage to the Rain Forest (1998) A Voyage to the Rain Forest (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Kenneth Abbott The Christmas Organ, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Colonel Abrams About Romance (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE