Navy Blue and Gold (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Three very different young men find themselves rooming together during their first year at the Naval Academy of Annapolis.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- This product is manufactured on demand by Warner Home Video using DVD-R recordable media. Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) - please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player. Warner Archive DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders. This is normal. To address this, we recommend viewing this product on a DVD player that does not have recording capability.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 8, 2012
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert Young, James Stewart & Lionel Barrymore|
|Performer:||Florence Rice, Billie Burke, Tom Brown, Samuel S. Hinds, Paul Kelly, Barnett Parker, Frank Albertson, Minor Watson, James Stewart & Lionel Barrymore|
|Directed by||Sam Wood|
|Edited by||Robert J. Kern|
|Screenplay by||George Bruce|
|Composition by||Edward Ward|
|Cinematography by||John F. Seitz|
|Art Direction by||Cedric Gibbons|
|Produced by||Sam Zimbalist|
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Truck" Cross (James Stewart) is a hardworking midshipman, sworn to regain his father's disgraced honor. Roger Ash (Robert Young) is a cynical, top-notch athlete hiding a heart of gold, and Richard Gates (Tom Brown) is the pampered but determined son of New York socialites. They are three very different young men who find themselves rooming together during their first year at the Naval Academy of Annapolis. Here they learn the real meaning of teamwork and competition as they lead the battle on and off the Navy's fields of glory.
Three freshmen--simple soul Truck Cross (Jimmy Stewart), blue blood Richard Gates Jr. (Tom Brown), and cynic Roger Ash (Robert Young)--meet at the prestigious Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, and take an instant liking to one another, quickly becoming roommates. Though Truck is a fine football player, he gets kicked off the gridiron because of allegations that he entered the school under false pretenses. He fights the charges, claiming that he altered his application because his father was bounced from the Navy years ago over a misunderstanding. Truck had better clear his name soon, because his chums need their star center to snap the ball in the upcoming contest against archrival Army. If the three young men can hold fast to the Navy's traditions of honor and loyalty, they just might stay in school--and even win the big game. Directed by Sam Wood, NAVY, BLUE, AND GOLD was a box-office hit at the time of its release.
James Stewart, Tom Brown, and Robert Young join the Navy and its phenomenal football team but run into all kinds of trouble before the big game against Army.
- Certain sequences of NAVY BLUE AND GOLD were lensed at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Filmmakers used the L.A. Coliseum for scenes in which the characters play football at the Southern Institute stadium and the Naval Academy stadium.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Baa Baa Black Sheep: Black Sheep Squadron - Final Season... (DVD)
$19.60 Super Savings
Drive-In Movie Classics 50 Movie Megapack (12-DVD)
$7.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Strip Tease Murder Case (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- End of the World (1934) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- King of The Wild (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE