Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- English 5.1 Uncompressed (48kHz/24-bit)
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- THE DIRECTOR'S NOTEBOOK: The Cinematic Sleight Of Hand Of Christopher Nolan
- Conjuring The Past; The Visual Maze; Metaphors Of Deception; 3. Advocate For The Audience;
- Tesla: The Man Who Invented The Twentieth Century
- The Art Of THE PRESTIGE"
- Costumes And Sets
- Movie Showcase: Instant Access To Select Movie Scenes That Showcase The Ultimate In High Definition Picture And Sound
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/20/2006
"[I]ntricate and elaborate....It has a satisfyingly puzzlelike structure, zipping around in time and scattering clues throughout its busy scenes and frames."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/27/2006
"[A]n aggressively devious sleight-of-hand thriller directed by Christopher Nolan, the magic, even at its most clever, is powered by currents -- sometimes literal ones -- of electricity and danger." -- Grade: B+
Total Film - 12/01/2006
4 stars out of 5 -- "Nolan has crafted a cinematic sleight of hand that's as intriguing as it is dazzling....Like all the best magicians, Nolan shows much but tells very little."
Rolling Stone - 11/02/2006
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "Nolan directs the film exactly like a great trick, so you want to see it again the second it's over."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2006
"Lurching from saturnine cockney idealist to domestic tyrant, Bale is especially charismatic."
Film Comment - 01/01/2007
"[The characters'] grudge matches foreground the twists and turns of Nolan's customary looped narrative as acts of aggression, asserting the brutal prerogative of the storyteller, always one step ahead."
Ultimate DVD - 05/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "THE PRESTIGE is a clever and complex film that revels in its dark material and slip in enough twists to keep even the most cynical viewers on the edge of their seats."
Based On A Novel |
London, England |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: October 20, 2006