Something Up My Sleeve
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: August 17, 1999
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: EMI Special Products
Entertainment Weekly - 9/24/93, p.94"...[Bogguss] boasts one of Nashville's purest sopranos....[on SOMETHING UP MY SLEEVE she] goes for the classiest songs of her career..." - Rating: B
Q - 11/93, p.1144 Stars - Excellent - "...This is the kind of grown-up pop that has no natural home on radio at the moment: tuneful, well-produced and full of stories, it could secure a vast audience..."
- 1.Diamonds and Tears
- 2.Just Like the Weather
- 3.I Keep Comin' Back to You
- 4.You Never Will
- 5.You'd Be the One
- 6.Hey Cinderella
- 8.You Wouldn't Say That to a Stranger
- 9.No Green Eyes
- 10.Something Up My Sleeve
Personnel: Suzy Bogguss (vocals); Brent Rowan (acoustic & electric guitars); Darrell Scott, Pat Bergesson (guitar); Dan Dugmore (pedal steel guitar); Terry McMillan (harmonica); Johhny Neel (Hammond B-3 organ); Matt Rollings (keyboards); Leland Sklar (bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Tom Roady (percussion); Harry Stinson, Ted Hewitt, Gerald Boyd, Suzi Ragsdale (background vocals).
Something up My Sleeve is one of Suzy Bogguss' finest and most consistent albums. Exercising her crystal-clear vocals in ways she hadn't heretofore, she touches the heart in the most earnest way, whether it's the simplicity of "Diamonds and Tears," the skewering of America in "Souvenirs," or the hopelessness of "Something up My Sleeve." Always a step ahead of her peers, Bogguss also always has a firm foot embedded in her roots, and she has a knack for straddling both contemporary and classic country so that they mesh seamlessly. She employs some A-list female writers and vocalists on this album; Matraca Berg, Martina McBride, and Beth Nielsen Chapman all make contributions, showing how respected she is as an artist. With a keen eye on contemporary society ("Hey Cinderella") or an accusing "You Wouldn't Say That to a Stranger," Bogguss puts young upstarts to shame. ~ Bryan Buss
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 40,851
- UPC: 724352000326
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Country: Contemporary Music Categories:
20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.31 Super Savings
American Man: Greatest Hits, Volume II (CD)
$4.66 Super Savings
- Trace Adkins Chrome (CD) ~ $9.89
- Trace Adkins Comin' on Strong (CD) ~ $12.56
Dangerous Man (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 5 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE