Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Korean - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes (4)
- Interviews: Renny Harlin - Director
- Audio Commentary: Renny Harlin - Director
- Comparisons: Side-by-Side Comparisons (3)
- Behind the Scenes:
- "Breaking the Ice: Skidoo Sequence"
- "Chaos on the Conveyor Belt"
- "Visual Effects Breakdowns: (3)
- 20th Century Fox Previews
- Trailers (4)
- TV spots (2)
- HBO First Look Featurette
- "The Bad Guys"
- Additional Interactive Features - D-Box
- Personal Scene Selections
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 08/09/1990
New York Times - 07/03/1990
"...Outrageous ambition, high-tech sophistication and sheer unbridled firepower....The heart and soul of the new film is Bruce Willis..."
In this sequel to the classic action movie, renegade commandos seize a major international airport to rescue a drug lord from justice. Detective John McClane (Bruce Willis), there to meet his wife, must battle incompetent airport security, hard-headed, gung-ho anti-terrorist squads and a deadly winter snowstorm to break the terrorist's grip before his wife's plane runs out of fuel. Based on the novel "58 Minutes" by Walter Wager.
An action-packed sequel to the 1989 film "Die Hard."
While former New York City cop John McClane, now a member of the Los Angeles Police Department, waits to pick up his wife in DC's Dulles Airport, gunmen suddenly commandeer the building. They're intent on rescuing a drug-dealing foreign despot who's being brought to the US to stand trial.
And once again McClane finds himself enmeshed in a terrorist plot that only he can prevent...
High Flying |
- Titles and Opticals by Pacific Title.
- Budget estimate $62 million; Began shooting November 28, 1989; Completed shooting April 6, 1990; Released in USA July 4, 1990.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California, Alpena and Kinross, Michigan, in Panavision and DeLuxe color.
- Working title for the film was "Die Hard II: Taking of Los Angeles International."
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Copyright 1990 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation