Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$10.99 (92% Off)|
Rare & Hard-to-Find: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: January 23, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: GRP Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Steve Khan is a bit of an enigma in jazz guitar circles, as he neither clearly succeeds nor fails in any of his efforts. This is an exception, however, as the presence of Dave Weckl makes for one of the best GRP releases of the '90s. Khan's sound is still a bit weak, but his compositions are strong, as is the amazing percussion of Manolo Badrena. A longtime collaborator with Khan, Badrena seems to have every type of percussion ever made and uses them all effectively. Weckl thrives on the Latin rhythms and both players are complementary to each other. As with his other recordings, Khan's solos are not very interesting, and like Larry Coryell, he tries to play too fast. Despite this, they all seem to be having a great time. "Kamarica" is one of the happiest tunes here and contains some phenomenal soloing by Weckl. "Botero People" has a nice relaxed feel and a great bassline, proving that the tunes here are well written with a focus on rhythm rather than just improvisation. Although Badrena's singing is in Spanish, it is pleasant and an integral part of the music even if you don't know what he's saying. "Mama Chola" is the most intense piece here and features more great soloing by Weckl, who not only helps hold the band together, but actually manages to carry it for the majority of the session. ~ Robert Taylor
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,152
- UPC: 011105959926
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Armenian Philharmonic Rock Orchestra / The Beatles I Love You (Heart-Shaped CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Jo Armstead Stone Good Lover - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Eddy Arnold Famous Country Music Makers (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- At Peace With Nature The Mystical Mammal (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE