Under the Influence
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
18 copies available
|You Save:||$8.99 (75% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eddie Daniels ~ Beautiful Love ~ $16.18
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: April 13, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: GRP Records
Down Beat - 6/93, p.404 Stars - Very Good - "...Daniels gives skeptics a run for their money, letting loose [on saxophone] with a burly, edgy sound that carries on the broad-shouldered tradition of Sonny Rollins and John Coltrane..."
JazzTimes - 8/93, p.65"...[Eddie Daniels] plays tenor sax here with the same lyricism, passion, energy and tenderness as he plays clarinet on numerous recordings..."
- 1.Slam Dunk
- 2.Mr. Cool: For Stan
- 3.Waltz for Bill (Evans)
- 4.Meus Melhores Momentos
- 6.I Hear a Rhapsody
- 7.Weaver of Dreams
- 8.Coyote Waits
- 9.Rio Grande
- 10.I Fall in Love Too Easily
Personnel: Eddie Daniels (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Alan Pasqua (piano, synthesizer); Mike Formanek (bass); Peter Erskine (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Eddie Daniels and Alan Pasqua.
Personnel: Eddie Daniels (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Alan Pasqua (piano, synthesizer); Peter Erskine (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Darren Mora; Bernie Kirsh.
Liner Note Authors: Eddie Daniels; Alan Pasqua.
Recording information: Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: Carl Studna.
After a decade of exclusively playing clarinet (and establishing himself as one of the greats), Eddie Daniels began doubling on tenor again on this recording. Switching between his two axes, Daniels sounds in top form on some diverse but consistently rewarding originals and a few standards ("I Hear a Rhapsody," "Weaver of Dreams," "I Fall in Love Too Easily" and an exciting version of Bill Evans's "Five"). Joined by pianist Alan Pasqua, bassist Mike Formanek and drummer Peter Erskine, Eddie Daniels really digs into these tunes and both his virtuosity and his inventive improvisations are quite impressive. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Jazz General Music Categories:
- 3 Cohens Braid (CD) ~ $15.28
The 6 & 7 / 8s String Band
Echoes of Tom Anderson's: The New Orleans String Jazz (2-CD)
$26.26 Super Savings
Aardvark Jazz Orchestra
$15.39 Super Savings
- Aaron Diehl The Bespoke Man's Narrative (CD) ~ $16.18
- Aaron Diehl Space Time Continuum (CD) ~ $16.18
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Joe "Fingers" Carr The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... (With Ira Ironstrings) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Diane Schuur Collection (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Americans in Europe (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Steve Khan Public Access (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE