Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$8.99 (90% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Marc Almond ~ Twelve Years of Tears: Live at the Royal Albert Hall (Highlights) ~ $11.98
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: October 30, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Sire Records
- 1.Meet Me in My Dreams
- 2.Beautiful Brutal Thing
- 3.I've Never Seen Your Face
- 4.Vaudeville and Burlesque
- 8.What Is Love?
- 9.Trois Chansons de Bilitis
- 10.Days of Pearly Spencer
- 11.My Hand Over My Heart
Personnel: Marc Almond, Sally Bradshaw, Inga Humpe (vocals); J.J. Belle, Mitch Dalton, Richard Riley (guitars); Eric Cadieux (guitar, keyboards); Julian Stringle (clarinet); Phil Todd (soprano & tenor saxophones); Nick Pytas, Martin Watkins (piano); Anne Dudley, Bruce Woolley, Billy McGee (keyboards); Dave Ball (synthesizers, programming); Trevor Horn (organ, bass, vocals); Tim Weidner (bass); Andy Duncan (drums, percussion, programming); Nigel Hine (keyboard programming); Richard Norris (drum & percussion programming); Betsey Cooke (background vocals).
Marc Almond's newest label jump resulted in what looked like an ideal creation on paper -- two songs produced and co-written by the Grid, the techno duo featuring Almond's Soft Cell collaborator Dave Ball, three more songs worked on with sole surviving Willing Sinner/La Magia member, keyboardist/orchestrator Billy McGee, and a mini-song cycle, "The Tenement Symphony" itself, produced by uber-studio wizard Trevor Horn. But did it work? Much like Enchanted, there's a little too much of Almond getting lost in rote synth-disco for comfort at points. But there are enough pluses to outweigh the minuses -- the opening "Meet Me in My Dream," one of the Grid collaborations, is a beautiful start, equal to "The Stars We Are," while the Symphony itself, though perhaps taking itself a bit too seriously as a conceit, has three solid singles to its credit -- a completely over the top (but what else to expect from Trevor Horn?) version of Jacques Brel's "Jacky," the concluding "My Hand Over My Heart," another sweep of the heartstrings dance ballad, and the surprise U.K. hit single of the bunch, the gentle and (for Horn) understated "The Days of Pearly Spencer," another '60s cover given the Almond treatment to good effect. ~ Ned Raggett
Tangerine DreamDreamtime (Selected tracks from 220 Volt Live) (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Greatest Love: Original Hits & Video Clips [Import] (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,828
- UPC: 075992676427
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Ernestine Anderson New Sound Of (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Argent Hold Your Head Up (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Jo Armstead Stone Good Lover - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- At Peace With Nature The Mystical Mammal (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs Product Series:
- 3-2 Get Funky The Return of the Funky Ones (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The 3rd Edition Acappella Memories - Long Island Style (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- A / Boston Symphony Orchestra Family Circle: Piano Favorites (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- A Voyage to the Rain Forest (1998) A Voyage to the Rain Forest (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Kenneth Abbott The Christmas Organ, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE