Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Latin Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Subtitles - French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- High Definition Theatrical Trailers
- Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 08/02/1996
"...One of the year's most booming soundtracks..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/09/1996
"...A fairly tasty piece of kielbasa....[Davis is] a supremely assured craftsman..."
Variety - 07/29/1996
"...Davis once again demonstrates a visual dynamism and humor....The film is directed and crafted with considerable skill..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/02/1996
"...Davis brings great visual interest to the film in a series of chase scenes set against a chilly winter landscape....All of these chases are well done..."
After his alternate-fuel research lab blows up, a brilliant young scientist (Keanu Reeves) is wrongly pegged as the saboteur in this action-thriller from the director of THE FUGITIVE. Teaming up with a beautiful physicist (Rachel Weisz), the scruffy techie struggles to evade federal agents and uncover the conspiracy behind the crime.
Eddie and Lily are part of a research team on the verge of inventing a process that transforms water into energy. One night, Eddie goes to the lab and discovers that his boss has been killed -- and that the plant is about to explode. Narrowly escaping the blast, Eddie realizes he and Lily are marked for death, but he doesn't know by whom...
The young scientists flee, but both good AND bad guys pursue them throughout Chicago. At the same time, they desperately try to figure out who wants to stop their project, and why. But the couple has to be very careful, because one false move could be their last.
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the USA August 2, 1996.
- A Zanuck Company/Chicago Pacific Entertainment/Arne L. Schmidt Production.
- Color by Astrolab; in Panavision widescreen.
- Additional cast: Nicholas Rudall (Dr. Alistair Barkley) and Krzysztof Pieczynski (Lucasz Screbneski).
- Additional credits: David W. Krummel & Karen Fletcher Trujillo (set design), Nick Davis (visual effects supervisor), and Carlos H. Sanchez (associate producer).
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1996 Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.