Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 26, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Package Note: Blue BD Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - Latin Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English, French (Quebec)
- Subtitles - English SDH, English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Dominic Sena - Director
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Alternate Endings (2)
- "HBO First Look: SWORDFISH"
- "Effects in Focus: The Flying Bus"
- "Planet Rock Club Reel Music Video"
- "Sword: In Conversation" - Cast/Crew Interviews
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 06/08/2001
"...The movie has constant mayhem and a speedy pace..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/15/2001
"...Enjoyably corrupt....[Travolta] electrifies the space around him with his mellifluous and cocky authority..."
Variety - 06/04/2001
"...Mounted in breathlessly stylish fashion, with a great-looking cast....It's turbo-charged, with hyper-realistic, attenuated slo-mo action shots..."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2001
"...[Jackman] steals the show, much as he did in X-MEN, investing his character with a steely resolve..."
Total Film - 09/01/2001
"...It's Jackman who tears away with most of the scenes....The man, quite simply, is a star..."
Uncut - 09/01/2004
"Jackman and Cheadle are great, Travolta's sublime..."
Widescreen Review - 07/01/2006
"[The film] has a slick, stylish appearance....[With] an enjoyable soundtrack."
Star John Travolta revisits the grinning villain territory he explored in BROKEN ARROW and FACE/OFF with this stylish, supercharged techno-thriller. He plays Gabriel, a charismatic, fast-living mystery man who, with help from his right-hand woman, Ginger (Halle Berry), recruits ex-con and former master hacker Stan (Hugh Jackman) to aid in a plan to steal billions from a secret government bank account. Stan reluctantly agrees to help in order to finance the legal battle for custody of his young daughter (Camryn Grimes). Meanwhile an FBI computer crimes specialist (Don Cheadle) is determined to find out what's about to go down, and plans to use Stan to find out.
The movie amply earns its keep by cleverly zig-zagging away from audience's expectations and delivering many clever, pulse-pounding action set pieces--including an incredible opening explosion, a car chase through downtown Los Angeles replete with blazing machine guns, and a spectacular airborne climax. With the help of a propulsive electronica score by DJ Paul Okenfold, director Dominic Sena (GONE IN 60 SECONDS) lays down lots of style, and Travolta is mesmerizing in his juicy role.
Theatrical Release |