Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Stuck in the Elevator"
- Audio Commentary: John Bonito - Director; John Cena, Kelly Carlson - Stars
- Bonus Footage: World Premiere at Camp Pendelton
- Behind the Scenes:
- "The Making of THE MARINE"
- Cena Basic Training
- "Cena's Aussie Day Off"
- WWE Promotional Behind the Scenes Features (11)
- High Definition Theatrical Trailers
- Theatrical Trailer
- John Cena Profile
- John Cena Military History
- Pop Ups - "Bullet and Body Count Meter"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
John Cena of the WWE stars in this barrelhouse brawler of a film as John Triton, a marine who gets discharged after he disobeys orders while rescuing prisoners in Iraq. Now he's back home in South Carolina with his wife, Kate (Kelly Carlson), and a lame security job. Meanwhile, a gang of colorfully violent jewel thieves knock over a diamond business and blow a police car 30 feet in the air while making their getaway. John and Kate are driving out in their SUV for a weekend in the mountains and wind up at the same gas station as the robbers. Shots get fired, the fuel tanks explode, and the bad guys hightail it out of there--with Kate as a hostage. Triton must now use his formidable Marine training to track the bad guys via car chase, boat chase, and knife-in-hand swamp-stalking. Despite the rampant violence, this is suitable for the WWE fanbase, as it downplays the blood and death and ups the quotient of sucker punches, throwing guys through walls, and leaping away from fireball explosions in slow motion. Robert Patrick plays the lead bad guy, shrugging off wry in-jokes about his role in TERMINATOR 2 while he shoots witnesses. Abigail Bianca is the evil girl in the gang--she and Kate get to have a fight of their own before it's all over. Fortunately Cena manages to hold his own onscreen amid the amusing dialogue and flying fists, making for a satisfying addition to the ranks of action heroes.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
WWE champion John Cena dominates the big screen as Marine John Triton. Wherever there's danger, Triton is usually smack dab in the middle of it... and he doesn't play by rules! After he's unwillingly discharged from Iraq, Triton's beautiful wife Kate ("Nip And Tuck's" Kelly Carlson) is kidnapped by merciless jewel thieves led by a vicious killer (Robert Patrick)! Now, Triton must fight to save her, utilizing his most powerful weapon - himself!
Theatrical Release |
WWE / World Wrestling Entertainment
- Theatrical Release: OCTOBER 13, 2006