Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: High Definition Theatrical Trailers
- Interactive Features:
- Pop Ups - D-Box Motion Sensor Track
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"You show your opponent one thing, and you give them something else."
- Vic Deakins (JOHN TRAVOLTA) to Riley Hale (CHRISTIAN SLATER) in a boxing ring, before punching Riley to the floor with a surprise jab
"Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons'"
- Vic Deakins (JOHN TRAVOLTA), to one of his henchmen
"You're out of your mind!" -- Riley Hale (CHRISTIAN SLATER), to Vic Deakins (JOHN TRAVOLTA)
"Yeah. Ain't it cool'"
- Vic Deakins, in reply
Rolling Stone - 03/07/1996
"...[BROKEN ARROW] delivers the hippest action fun around....Director John Woo is in dazzling form..."
Sight and Sound - 04/01/1996
"...A knockout beginning, gorgeous to the eye and a rush to the senses: very John Woo..."
USA Today - 02/09/1996
"...A long wrap-up full of moving-train mayhem culminates in the movie's most memorable shot..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
Entertainment Weekly - 06/28/1996
"...Audacious action scenes....Rewind...to savor the stunt work..." -- Rating: B+
Variety - 02/12/1996
"A virtually nonstop actioner that's heavy on imaginative destruction..."
New York Times - 02/09/1996
"...BROKEN ARROW packs an impressive wallop....[With] killer special effects..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/09/1996
"...[Woo] is one of the most fluidly cinematic filmmakers working today, gifted with a thorough grasp of the mechanics of action..."
"Broken arrow" is a military term for a nuclear warhead that has been stolen -- and villainous Air Force pilot Vic Deakins (John Travolta) has done just that. In fact, he's pilfered TWO bombs, in an effort to extract a huge amount of cash from the government in exchange for their safe return. However, there's a fly in the ambitious thief's ointment: Riley Hale (Christian Slater), Vic's former co-pilot, whom Vic thought he had killed when he robbed the bombs. Helping Riley is gutsy female Park Ranger Terry Carmichael (Samantha Mathis). Together the duo uses all the artillery, ammo, vehicles, and gumption they can muster, as they risk life and limb to thwart Vic and his vile gang. Hong Kong action specialist John Woo propels the film through trains, Humvees, exploding helicopters and more.
Classic Fight Scenes |
Nuclear Destruction |
- Released theatrically in the USA February 9, 1996. The film grossed a nuclear $69.3 million domestically.
- Produced in association with WCG Entertainment.
- "Broken Arrow" marked the film acting debut of TV commentator and former NFL football player, Howie Long.
- The movie's budget was approximately $60 million.
- Color by DeLuxe; in Panavision widescreen.
- Additional credit: Brian Smrz (train stunt coordinator).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.