Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 9, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Package Note: Blue BD Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English - Optional
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Crank'd Out Mode" - Experience Running Commentary, Behind-the-Scenes, Making-of Insights, Gags, and More
- Alternate Audio Tracks: Deleted Expletives
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 10/01/2006
4 stars out of 5 -- "[An] exuberant actioner....CRANK wouldn't work without Jason Statham. Battered, weary, wiescracking and astoundingly, viciously lethal, he's the working class angel of death cinema..."
Entertainment Weekly - 09/15/2006
"[A]s showily amped and amiably amoral an extreme action pic as the exhaust-end of summer deserves."
Screenwriters and directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor make their feature-film debut in this fast-paced action film. Freelance hitman Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) wakes up with a big problem; a DVD left in his apartment by smalltime gangster Ricky Vanero (Jose Pablo Cantillo) tells him that he has only one hour to live. While Chev was asleep, Vanero injected him with a deadly synthetic drug from China--known as the Beijing Cocktail--as payback for Chev's last hit. Now, Chev's only hope to stay alive is to keep his adrenalin pumping. Dead set on revenge against Vanero, Chev also has to keep his girlfriend, Eve (Amy Smart), out of the mob's hands. To complicate matters, naïve, sweet Eve has no idea that her charming British boyfriend is a hitman. Even worse, Chev's boss, Carlito (Carlos Sanz) has no intention of helping his favorite freelancer.
Luckily, Chev's friend Doc Miles (Dwight Yoakam) can offer some temporary lifesaving advice; his drugged pal has to keep moving. Downing cans of Red Bull and popping over-the-counter energy pills, Chev is a crazed man on a mission. He has to exact revenge on Vanero, save his girlfriend, and find an antidote, all while keeping his slowing heart pumping. Fear, sex and violence are the best way to keep adrenalin flowing, and there's no shortage of any of them in this nonstop action flick. Extreme chase scenes, shootouts, and romance abound, along with plenty of clipped dialogue and just enough dark humor. Statham plays Chev with a perfect combination of steely determination and utter insanity--a guy who is finally trying to do the right thing, even if it means killing lots of people along the way. Cantillo's Vanero is a little fish playing in a very big pond, but not quite the player he thinks he is.
Hit Men |
- Theatrical Release Date: September 1, 2006