Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 26, 2006
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Package Note: Blue BD Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English SDH, English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Scenes
- "Stunts and Action" Featurette
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Joe Pesci &
Mary Ellen Trainor &
Michael Kamen &
Richard Donner &
Director of Photography:
Murtaugh is still the family man. Riggs is still the daredevil, but now he counts the odds before bucking them. This time, they must protect an accountant who has laundered a half billion dollars in narcotics money. He leads them to a murderous syndicate with ties to a foreign power. Along the way, there's a six-story plummet from a window, a booby-trapped toilet, an underwater escape, and more. Academy Award Nominations: Best Sound Effects Editing.
Mismatched cops Riggs and Murtaugh reunite as they set out to apprehend a duo of corrupt South African emissaries. The catch' The bad guys have diplomatic immunity, and the police can't touch them. But Riggs and Murtaugh are expert at bending the rules.
Theatrical Release |
- This 1989 sequel was followed by a third "Lethal Weapon" film in 1992. All three films have been extremely successful both at the box office and on home video, and all three have starred Danny Glover and Mel Gibson as cops Murtaugh and Riggs.
- Screenwriter Jeffrey Boam also wrote "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1990).
- The film cost an estimated $20 million. It was shown at the Norwegian Film Festival in Haugesund.
- The end credits note that the film is dedicated to Jay Engel.
- Shot in Panavision.