- Released: October 22, 1991
- Label: Narada
- 1.Return to the Heart
- 2.Near the Still Waters of Amsterdam (Improvisation)
- 3.Madre de la Tierra :: Mother Of The Earth
- 4.Sounds From the Koepel (Improvisation)
- 6.Manana, Mi Amor (Improvisation)
- 7.Corre, Rio, Corre :: Run River Run
- 8.Behind The Waterfall / Desert Rain
- 9.Friedensengel (Improvisation) :: Angel Of Peace (Improvisation)
- 10.A Whiter Shade of Pale
- 11.Heart of the Night (Improvisation)
- 12.Dream of the Forgotten Child
- 13.Out of the Darkness (Improvisation)
- 14.Cristofori's Dream
- 15.Gli Uccelli di Carpi (Improvisation) :: The Birds Of Carpi (Improvisation)
- 16.Variations on a Theme From Pachelbel's Canon in D Major)
- 17.Return to the Heart (Reprise)
Solo performer: David Lanz (piano).
Recorded in June and July, 1991 at Koepelkerk, Amsterdam, Holland; Palacio De Gaviria, Madrid, Spain; Teatro Comunale, Carpi, Italy; Grosse Aula der Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany.
All songs written by David Lanz except "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" (Gary Brooker/Keith Reed).
A collection of new compositions and reworked versions of previously released pieces. Includes a photo booklet which documents Lanz's travels and recording sessions in Europe.
Return to the Heart is a return to Lanz's roots as a solo pianist, yet his new compositions for this medium show a remarkable sense of maturity, elegance, and taste. ~ Linda Kohanov