Bob Dylan Bootleg Series, Volume 1-3: Rare And Unreleased 1961-1991 (3-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$42.51 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.47 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bob Dylan ~ Bootleg Series, Volume 6: Live 1964-The Philharmonic Hall Concert (2-CD) ~ $15.59
- by Bob Dylan ~ Bootleg Series, Volume 7: No Direction Home-The Soundtrack (2-CD) ~ $17.27
- by Drive-By Truckers ~ English Oceans ~ $12.58
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: August 6, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 4/4/914.5 Stars (out of 5) - "...documents...the paths not taken....listeners can get a distinct feel from this set for the kinds of a decisions that make a song or shape a career....testament to an individual's struggle to bring meaning to experience, to an artist searching for a personal voice that can take the measure of an emotion and a time, to that voice rising to say what it needs to say..."
Uncut - 01/03, p.1365 stars out of 5 - "...Dazzling....A perfectly judged, and desperately needed, reminder of Dylan's roots..."
Musician - 4/91"...the power of Dylan's creations is almost overshadowed by the fierceness of his creativity. The sheer volume of good stuff is staggering..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hard Times in New York Town
- 2.He Was a Friend of Mine
- 3.Man on the Street
- 4.No More Auction Block
- 5.House Carpenter
- 6.Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues
- 7.Let Me Die in My Footsteps
- 8.Ramblin' Gamblin' Willie
- 9.Talkin' Have Negeilah Blues
- 10.Quit Your Low Down Ways
- 11.Worried Blues
- 12.Kingsport Town
- 13.Walkin' Down the Line - (demo)
- 14.Walls of Red Wing
- 15.Paths of Victory
- 16.Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues
- 17.Who Killed Davey Moore?
- 18.Only a Hobo
- 20.When the Ship Comes In - (demo)
- 21.Times They Are A-Changin', The - (demo)
- 22.Last Thoughts on Woody Gutherie
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Seven Curses
- 2.Eternal Circle
- 3.Suze (The Cough Song)
- 4.Mama, You Been on My Mind
- 5.Farewell, Angelina
- 6.Subterranean Homesick Blues - (acoustic version)
- 7.If You Gotta Go, Go Now
- 8.Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence
- 9.Like a Rolling Stone - (rehearsal version)
- 10.It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry - (alternate version)
- 11.I'll Keep It With Mine - (rehearsal version)
- 12.She's Your Lover Now
- 13.I Shall Be Released
- 15.If Not for You - (alternate version)
- 17.Nobody 'Cept You
- 18.Tangled Up in Blue - (alternate version)
- 19.Call Letter Blues
- 20.Idiot Wind - (alternate version)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.If You See Her, Say Hello - (alternate version)
- 2.Golden Loom
- 4.Seven Days
- 5.Ye Shall Be Changed
- 6.Every Grain of Sand - (demo)
- 7.You Changed My Life
- 8.Need a Woman
- 10.Someone's Got a Hold of My Heart
- 11.Tell Me
- 12.Lord Protect My Child
- 13.Foot of Pride
- 14.Blind Willie McTell
- 15.When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky - (alternate version)
- 16.Series of Dreams
THE BOOTLEG SERIES, VOLUMES 1-3 consists mostly of previously unreleased studio outtakes. It also include demos and alternate versions of released material, and a handful of live tracks.
Personnel includes: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano); Kenny Rakin, Charles Brown, III, Steven Soles, Bobby Neuwirth, Danny Kortchmar, Steve Ripley (guitar); Ben Keith (pedal steel guitar); David Mansfield (mandolin); Scarlet Rivera (violin); Paul Griffen (piano, keyboards); Alan Clark (organ, keyboards); Ben Tench (organ); Barry Beckett, Roy Bittan (keyboards); Joseph Macho, Jr., Harvey Brooks, Russell Bridges, Tony Brown, Rob Stoner, Tim Drummond (bass); Bobby Gregg, Russ Kunkel, Howie Wyeth, Jim Keltner (drums); Gary Burke (congas); Clydie King, Regina Havis, Carolyn Dennis (background vocals); Mark Knopfler, Eric Weissberg, Pick Withers, Jennifer Warnes, Mick Taylor, Robbie Shakespeare, Sly Dunbar, Full Force, Little Steven, Daniel Lanois, Mason Ruffner, Cyril Neville.
Producers include: John Hammond, Tom Wilson, Bob Johnson, Don DeVito, Jerry Wexler.
Compilation producer: Jeff Rosen.
Recorded between 1961 and 1989. Includes a 68-page booklet with song-by-song notes by John Bauldie.
Dylan proved to be not only one of the most bootlegged of 20th Century performers, but also one of the first (GREAT WHITE WONDER was one of the releases that turned bootlegging from a pastime into an industry). Over the years, Dylan's legions of fans rabidly traded recordings of live shows, out-takes, demos and other rare material. THE BOOTLEG SERIES attempts to supply the definitive collection of what had been bootlegged material. Its three discs move along chronologically, spanning the length of Dylan's career and providing candid, previously verboten glimpses into his creative process, and consequently, his musical genius.
The first disc features some intriguing versions of traditional tunes like "He Was a Friend Of Mine" and "House Carpenter," and some obscure cuts from his "protest" period, such as "Paths of Victory" and "Who Killed Davy Moore?" Disc two finds him in his prime, moving from alternative versions of HIGHWAY 61 material to radically recast tunes from the sublime BLOOD ON THE TRACKS. The gems on the third disc are the eerie ballad "Blind Willie McTell," inexplicably cut from the INFIDELS sessions, and the newest song on this collection, "Series of Dreams," a swirling, surreal look back at a lifetime on the edge. THE BOOTLEG SERIES is a must for any serious Dylan fan.
Down the Tracks: Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$4.98 on SALE
Bootleg Series, Volume 11: The Basement Tapes Complete... (CD)
$130.49 Super Savings
Bootleg Series, Volume 10: Another Self Portrait... (CD)
$104.40 Super Savings
Bootleg Series, Volume 7: No Direction Home-The Soundtrack... (CD)(67)
$17.27 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE