Big Brother & The Holding Company Big Brother and the Holding Company: Nine Hundred Nights
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Interview Outtakes
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Eagle Rock Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Production Interviews: Interview Outtakes
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Discographies: Big Brother & The Holding Co.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Michael Burlingame|
|Narrated by||Rip Torn|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Nine Hundred Nights tracks the brief reign of pivotal '60s psychedelic rock group, Big Brother and the Holding Company. Experience the mind-bending sound and the soulful voice that turned on a generation of rebellious youth. Witness the formation - and disintegration - of one of the most misunderstood and under-appreciated bands of the era, the band that launched Janis Joplin: Big Brother and the Holding Company. Hear the untold story in Big Brother's own words. Includes D.A. Pennebaker's rarely-seen live Generation Club footage of "Piece Of My Heart," and "Comin' Home," their breakout performance of "Ball And Chain" and the unreleased "Combination Of The Two" from Monterey Pop Festival.
Though its wildly successful career was brief, blues-rock band Big Brother and the Holding Company was one of the major groups of the 1960s San Francisco scene, along with the Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane. Led by the legendary blues diva Janis Joplin (a self-destructive powerhouse whose penchant for Southern Comfort and heroin led to her early demise), the band defined the excess and urgency of the decade. NINE HUNDRED NIGHTS uses some rare footage--including famed documentarian D.A. Pennebaker's live film of a Generation Club performance, some Monterey Pop concert footage, and intimate recording sessions--to tell the story of this short-lived, magical band.
Music Video | Rock And Roll | Documentary | Rock | Pop / Rock | Psychedelic Rock | Rock Documentaries | Rock Legends
- This film shows the live Generation Club footage by D.A. Pennebaker of "Piece of My Heart" and "Coming Home."
Janis Joplin / Big Brother & The Holding CompanyBig Brother and the Holding Company Featuring Janis Joplin:...
$14.81 LABOR DAY
Bob DylanWorld Tours, 1966-1974 (Through the Camera of Barry...
$4.70 LABOR DAY
Jimi Hendrix / Otis ReddingJimi Hendrix & Otis Redding- Jimi Plays Monterey / Shake!...
Jimi Hendrix / Otis ReddingJimi Plays Monterey / Shake! Otis at Monterey (Blu-ray,...
$23.63 LABOR DAY
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Brainiac (El Baron del Terror) (Spanish, Subtitled in English) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE