- Audio Commentary
- Introduction by Director Richard Donner
- Featurette: Curse Or Coincidence
- Still Photo Gallery
- 2 Documentaries: The Omen Revealed & The Omen Legacy
- Screenwriter's Notebook
- An Appreciation: Wes Craven on The Raven
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 4 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- 2-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - French - Optional
Disc 1: THE OMEN - Widescreen Version
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: "Curse or Coincidence"
- Interviews: Jerry Goldsmith - Composer
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary:
- Richard Donner - Director; Stuart Baird - Editor
- Richard Donner - Director; Brian Helgeland
Disc 2: THE OMEN - Supplemental Material
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: "An Appreciation: Wes Craven on THE OMEN"
- Interviews: David Seltzer - Writer
- Introduction: Richard Donner - Director
- Deleted Scenes: With Optional Commentary (1)
- "666: THE OMEN Revealed"
- "The Omen Legacy"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Lee Remick &
Roy Boyd &
Director of Photography:
Academy Awards 1976 -
Best Original Score: Jerry Goldsmith
Ultimate DVD - 07/01/2006
5 stars out of 5 -- "Donner's film deftly delves into Christian mythology, constructing a fantastically tall and creepy tale..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Unleash the dark terror of Damien with this spectacular, two-disc Collector's Edition of the "taut" (Variety
), "gripping" (Los Angeles Herald Examiner
) and Oscar-winning horror classic! Now with over six hours of special features, including audio commentaries, a deleted scene, documentaries, featurettes and much, much more, The Omen
is "just the ticket to scare the devil out of you" (Family Circle
When their child is stillborn in Rome - on the 6th day, of the 6th month at the 6th hour - Robert Thorne, an American diplomat (Academy Award-winner Gregory Peck), and his wife Katherine (Lee Remick) are devastated. In his despair, Thorne exchanges his dead baby for one born at the same time...and unwittingly enters a bargain with the devil that culminates in a series of gruesome 'accidents'...and a child destined to one day destroy the world!
A staid American ambassador (Peck) and his wife are heartbroken when their child is stillborn, but their heartbreak is only beginning when they adopt an orphan. As the boy grows, disaster surrounds him, beginning with the suicide of his nanny, and as the bodies pile up, his horrified father begins to believe that the boy is evil incarnate and must be destroyed. The unique climax paved the way for two popular sequels, "Damien - Omen II" and "Final Conflict."
American ambassador Robert Thorn and his lovingly dedicated wife are expecting a child. But when the infant is stillborn a mysterious Italian priest convinces the diplomat to clandestinely adopt another of the hospital's newborn children. Thorn takes the priest's advice without telling his wife about their loss. After five short happy years together, things start to go wrong: the family's au pair commits suicide, Father Brennan warns Robert about the child's strange nature, and an archaeologist tries to convince ambassador Thorn that the boy is the anti-Christ incarnate.
Devil / Demons |
Essential Cinema |
Evil Kids |
Horror Classic |
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed mostly in England.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Academy Award Nominations: 2, including Best Original Song ("Ave Satani"). Academy Awards: Best Original Score.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 278 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 024543244868
- Shipping Weight: 0.29/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items