Celtic Tribute to Alison Krauss
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Cmh Records
- 1.I've Got That Old Feeling - The Boys of County Nashville
- 2.Every Time You Say Goodbye - The Boys of County Nashville
- 3.Who Can Blame You - The Boys of County Nashville
- 4.When You Say Nothing at All - The Boys of County Nashville
- 5.Looking in the Eyes of Love - The Boys of County Nashville
- 6.Forget About It - The Boys of County Nashville
- 7.Restless - The Boys of County Nashville
- 8.I Will - The Boys of County Nashville
- 9.Lucky One, The - The Boys of County Nashville
- 10.Two Highways - The Boys of County Nashville
- 11.New Favorite - The Boys of County Nashville
- 12.Baby Now That I've Found You - The Boys of County Nashville
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bill Verdier (fiddle); John Mock (pennywhistle, bodhran, djembe); Pat McInerney (djembe); James Pendergast, Jeff Taylor .
CMH decides to take a harder look at the dozens of tribute records they do. This set, with its liner essay on the back, feels different than anything they've done since Pickin' on the Wreckers -- an instrumental collection that stood as something far better than the original album. They single out Alison Krauss as standing alone in the popular world as a practitioner of bluegrass, and that is most assuredly so. She also transcends the genre without batting an eye because she likes popular music. That said, this quintet of masterpickers -- John Mock, Pat McInerney, Bill Verdier, Jim Prendergast, and Jeff Taylor -- play a boatload of instruments between them, from penny whistles and fiddles to bouzoukis, djembes, concertinas, and banjos, to name a few, and offer excellent newly envisioned -- through the eyes of very old music -- versions of Krauss' best known tunes. The execution is anything but academic, and the subtler meanings in these tunes come off without a word being sung when hearing them in this way. The roots of not only bluegrass but much of American folk music come to life in this selection and it's is an enjoyable and enduring listen, better than most of what passes for "Celtic" music today by a long shot. Highly recommended. ~ Thom Jurek
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE