- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 1, 2012
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on the terrifying true story of one ship and the nine stowaways hiding beneath its decks. When their existence threatens the captain's career, a means must be found of disposing of them - and so the hunt is on. There can be no survivors who might tell the tale of this deadly voyage.
A group of stowaways on a ship bound for America are discovered by the Russian crew and taken prisoner by the ship's alcoholic captain. Not wanting to risk his career for stowaways, the captain orders his prisoners killed one by one, and when one threatens the diabolical plan by escaping, the entire crew sets out to find--and eliminate--the troublemaker. Based on a true story.
A shocking drama based on a real-life incident.
"Deadly Voyage" tells the story of Kingsley Ofosu and eight other African men -- including his brother Albert -- who stowed away aboard a Ukrainian ship leaving Ghana. Their dream was to make it to the United States and start new lives. However, once at sea, they were terrorized by the boat's racist white crew, who tortured and killed most of them...
High Seas |
- Co-produced by HBO NYC, a Home Box Office film division based in New York City. This was that division's first effort.
- A Union Pictures-Viva Films Production.
- Shot on location in Ghana and England.
- Aired originally on HBO June 15, 1996.
- Additional cast: Jean-Claude LaMarre (Albert).
- Copyright 1996 Home Box Office.