James Blunt All the Lost Souls
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.96 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.03 (42% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 17, 2007
- Label: Atlantic
Entertainment Weekly - p.80"LOST improves on the first disc at least five times over....It's starker focus might really take you back..." -- Grade: B+
- 2.One of the Brightest Stars
- 3.I'll Take Everything
- 4.Same Mistake
- 5.Carry You Home
- 6.Give Me Some Love
- 7.I Really Want You
- 8.Shine On
- 10.I Can't Hear the Music
Personnel: James Blunt (vocals, acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, pump organ, vibraphone); Malcolm Moore (vocals, acoustic guitar, strings); Ben Castle (vocals, electric guitar, 12-string guitar); Paul "Beardy" Beard (vocals, piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ); Karl Brazil (vocals, drums); Malcolm Moore (acoustic guitar); Suzie Katayama (strings); Mister Nau, Mr. Nau (piano).
Audio Mixer: Tom Rothrock.
Photographers: Steve Double; Olaf Heine; Siobhan Dempsy; Neil Gavin; Phil Knott; Tom Guard; Patrick Fraser; Mary Ellen Matthews.
James Blunt's 2005 debut, BACK TO BEDLAM, was a surprise runaway hit, and reminded the public that there was still plenty of room on the pop charts for pretty, heartfelt, singer-songwriter fare. Blunt's sophomore effort, ALL THE LOST SOULS, doesn't find him branching out exactly, but rather refining the formula that made BEDLAM such a success. Here Blunt's sharp songwriting, earnest lyrics, and fragile, expressive vocals come across stronger than ever, striking the perfect balance between wistful melancholia and sweet pop accessibility.
Overseen by producer Tom Rothrock (who also worked on BEDLAM), ALL THE LOST SOULS has a sleek, crisp sound that still manages to heighten the intimacy of the tunes. "1973," the album's first single, is a case in point. With its breezy, soft-rock sound, the song could have easily been a radio hit from the year it describes, but the familiarity is endearing, and sets the tone for the rest of the disc. In fact, the album--with its introspection, emotiveness, and guitar and piano-driven songwriting--fits neatly into the style pioneered by such '70s artists as James Taylor, which should please all folk and pop fans, whether they were born before 1973 or after.
James BluntRhapsody Originals: Live Performances [Jewel Case]
$3.98 on SALE
Rhapsody Originals: Live Performances [Jewel Case] (DVD)(3)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 129 ratings.
Based on 129 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE