Fenway Park Greatest Hits
by Various Artists
- Released: May 22, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Abkco
- 1.Tessie - Kevin Millar
- 2.Let the Good Times Roll - Gary Cherone / Daniel Bard / Nuno Bettencourt
- 3.Impossible Dream, The (The Quest) - Dicky Barrett / Rico Petrocelli
- 4.Dream On - Jon Butcher / Jarrod Saltalamacchia
- 5.Meet Me at Mary's - Peter Gammons / Seth Justman
- 6.Knights of Bostonia - Cory Pesaturo / Ken Casey / Nora Parkington
- 7.Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Mike Mushok / Jerry Remy
- 8.Sweet Caroline - Mark Salling / David Ortiz / Darnell McDonald / Clay Buchholz / Ryan Kalish
- 9.2007 - Kevin Youkilis / Jacoby Ellsbury / Dustin Pedroia
- 10.Dirty Water - Dick Dodd / Alfredo Aceves / Barry Goudreau
- 11.Fenway Park - Mark Lennon
- 12.Hub Fans Bid Kid Adieu - Mike O'Malley / Jim Lonborg / Curt Schilling
Personnel: Kevin Youkilis, Rico Petrocelli, Kevin Millar, Jim Lonborg, Jerry Remy , Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia, Darnell McDonald, Daniel Bard, Curt Schilling, Clay Buchholz, Alfredo Aceves, Ryan Kalish, Jun-Ang Ni, Jeremy Cowham, Christina Yee, Charbel Hanna, Casey Fang, Blondin Saint-Jusme, Aubriana Mency, Ashleigh Brown, Sean Cheatum, Nohely Mariano-Pinales, David Ortiz.
Photographer: Justin Prettyman.
To honor the centennial of Fenway Park in Boston, home to the Boston Red Sox, the house that Babe Ruth did not build, ABKCO Records released this curio in 2012, a collection of songs played frequently at Fenway during baseball games, many of which have connections to Boston rock bands. So that's the premise, and the result is interesting, but doubtful to change any New York Yankees or Detroit Tigers fans into being any fonder of the Red Sox or Fenway. It's a commemorative artifact that will please Boston fans, certainly, but most of the world hardly needs to hear Kevin Millar, Boston's first baseman from 2003 to 2005 (and author of the phrase "cowboy up"), sing. There are a couple of small secular bright spots here, though, like Nuno Bettencourt's (he was the singer and guitarist for Boston rock band Extreme) version of the Cars' "Let the Good Times Roll" and Dick Dodd's (former Disney Mouseketeer, drummer for the Bell-Airs, and then singer and drummer for the Standells) redo of the Standells' "Dirty Water." With a crack session band of Kenny Aronoff, Gregg Bissonette, Leland Sklar, Tim Pierce, and Matt Rollings, both of these tracks are professionally recorded and executed. Then there's baseball writer Peter Gammons singing Sam Cooke's "Meet Me at Mary's Place," which somehow manages to work although it has no right to. In the end, it's baseball fans, and in particular, Boston Red Sox baseball fans, who'll treasure this release. The rest of the league probably won't much care. ~ Steve Leggett
Die sch"nsten M„rchen (CD)
$12.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!