Dengue Fever Sleepwalking Through the Mekong (CD + DVD)
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: DVD (2 Discs)
- by Various Artists ~ Saigon Rock & Soul: Vietnamese Classic Tracks 1968-1974 ~ $15.17
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Released: April 14, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: M80
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Bonus live performances, Dengue Fever with Khmer master musicians, Water Festival footage, Coconut Dance (Robam Kous Traloak), trailer & biographies
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Cambodian
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||John Pirozzi|
Description by OLDIES.com:
A companion piece to the same-named documentary, SLEEPWALKING is an aural journey through the history of Cambodian rock, curated by Dengue Fever. The soundtrack melds classic Khmer roots sounds (think a more mystical Asian take on what Latin artists like Santana interpreted through a jazz dialect) of Cambodian legends such as Sinn Sisamouth with new, experimental fusions by Dengue Fever himself and local luminaries like Kong Nai and Tep Mary. It's often stunning to hear the integration of traditional blues and folk on newer tracks like "Master Kong Nai," but the real revelation is how contemporary the archival cuts sound, especially Sinn Sisamouth & Ros Sereysothea's joyful "Mou Pei Na," a slice of dub-influenced rhythm highlighted by sublimely weird dual-gender vocals.
Los Angeles-based band Dengue Fever takes a trip to the land that inspired their passion for Cambodian rock while discovering the rich musical legacy of a country that took Western rock and roll to exciting new places. When most people hear mention of Cambodia, their thoughts drift immediately to the sadistic Khmer Rouge regime. And while the brutal legacy of the Khmer Rogue still lingers strong, few realize that one of the forgotten casualties of their reign was Cambodia's music scene. In this film, Dengue Fever singer Chhom Nimol experiences an emotional homecoming as the band takes the unique opportunity to perform alongside master musicians and record a few new songs. Featured songs include "March of the Balloon Animals", "Hummingbird", and "One Thousand Tears of a Tarantula".
- 1.Sleepwalking Through The Mekong
- 2.Dondung Goan Gay - (with Meas Samoun)
- 3.March Of The Balloon Animals
- 4.Tip My Canoe
- 5.Master Tep Mary - (with Tep Mary)
- 7.New Year 's Eve - (with Ros Serey Sothea / Sin Sisamouth)
- 8.Ethanopium [Live At Snowy's] - (live)
- 9.Psychologically Healing [Dialogue Excerpt]
- 10.Orphan, The - (with Khee Sokley)
- 11.Master Kong Nai - (with Kong Nai)
- 12.Hold My Hips
- 13.Seeing Hands [Sleepwalking Version]
- 14.Mou Pei Na - (with Ros Serey Sothea / Sin Sisamouth)
- 15.Today I Learnt To Drink - (with Ros Serey Sothea)
- 16.One Thousand Tears Of A Tarantula
- 17.Phnom Chisor Serenade
Documentary | Music (General) | Musicians | Rock Bands
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE