Blue Ice (Full Screen)
Until the car behind him took out his rear light, Harry Anders thought he'd given up on spying... Now he has to think again.
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 1, 2012
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Michael Caine & Sean Young|
|Performer:||Ian Holm, Bob Hoskins, Alun Armstrong, Bobby Short & Sean Young|
|Directed by||Russell Mulcahy|
|Edited by||Seth Flaum|
|Screenwriting by||Ron Hutchinson|
|Composition by||Michael Kamen|
|Cinematography by||Denis Crossan|
|Produced by||Martin Bregman & Michael Caine|
|Executive Production by||Gary Levinsohn|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Until the car behind him took out his rear light, Harry Anders (Michael Caine) thought he'd given up on spying... Now he has to think again. The car that hit him holds nothing but trouble in the seductive shape of Stacy Mansdorf (Sean Young). Stacy is the ambassador's wife with one aim in mind, tracking down her ex-lover Kyle. What she needs is a tracker -- and a new lover -- and Harry Anders fits the bill. Making love to Stacy comes easy, it dying that's hard, as one by one everyone involved with the ambassador's wife turns up dead. A bloody trail leads Harry to his boss from the secret service, an old school tie with impeccable taste, style, and a twist of power gone mad. Now Harry's up to his shoulder-holstering murder, espionage, and illegal arms and deals. He's discovering that even old school ties can kill if the knot is not tied tight enough, and the knot is closing in on Harry Anders. Harry's going to have to shoot and kill to stay alive, and nothing -- and nobody -- had better get in his way.
A retired spy is enticed back into the dangerous world he left behind when he falls in love with the beautiful wife of an ambassador. When she asks him to help her get rid of an ex-lover who refuses to leave her alone, he agrees, but his simple blackmail scheme accidentally turns into murder. It becomes clear that much more is going on than she told him.
Former secret agent, Harry Anders, now runs a successful jazz club in London. He finds himself reluctantly pulled back into his old life when a minor car accident turns out to be a prelude to love and death -- espionage style. While driving to work one day his car is rear-ended by the beautiful Stacy Mansdorf, wife of the American Ambassador. After some initial hostility the two strike up a friendship and quickly become lovers. But everything changes when she asks him to locate an old flame of hers who has been missing and might be in danger. Harry starts digging, but the corruption he unearths horrifies him -- especially when it leads him back into his own somber past.
Action | Love Story | Spies | Suspense | Theatrical Release | Thriller
- Estimated budget $7 million.
- Originated on Eastmancolor film from Kodak; release prints in Metrocolor (UK) and Technicolor (USA). Sound recorded in Dolby Stereo Surround.
- Producers Michael Caine and Martin Bregman were reportedly planning to launch a series of films based on Harry Anders, the main character in the film.
- The Jazz Band in Harry's Bar consisted of David Green on Bass, Anthony Kerr on Vibes, Pete King on Alto Sax, Gerald Presencer on Trumpet, Charlie Watts on Drums, and Steve Williamson on Tenor Sax.
- Stand-ins: Michael Caine's (Mark Henson) and Sean Young's (Tracy Eddon).
- Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.
- Song Licensing and Composers:
"Let There Be Love," Shapiro Bernstein & Co. Ltd., written by Grant & Rand
"This Time the Dreams on Me," Harms, Inc., courtesy of Warner Chappell Music, Inc.
"Black Birds, White Chicks," UFO Music Ltd.
"Blue Bop," Vehicle Music Ltd.
"Don't Worry 'Bout Me," "East of the Sun and West of the Moon," and "Perdido," Campbell Connelly and Co. Ltd.
"Don't Worry 'Bout Me" written by Bloom & Koehler
"East of the Sun and West of the Moon" written by Bowman.
"Perdido" written by Tizol, Lenk, Drake.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!