Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$13 (65% Off)|
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 19, 2000
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Spencer Tracy & Katharine Hepburn|
|Performer:||Judy Holliday, Tom Ewell, David Wayne & Jean Hagen|
|Directed by||George Cukor|
|Edited by||George Boemler|
|Screenwriting by||Ruth Gordon & Garson Kanin|
|Composition by||Miklos Rozsa|
|Art Direction by||William Ferrari|
|Produced by||Lawrence Weingarten|
|Director of Photography:||George J. Folsey|
"..With its witty and acerbic screenplay by Garson Kanin and Ruth Gordon, Cukor's battle-of-the-sexes comedy has a verve and sophistication that seem beyond present-day Hollywood..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn were never more evenly matched than when they brought their sharpened wits and prickly affection to this George Cukor-directed comedy written by Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin. Judy Holliday co-stars as the woman whose shooting of her philandering spouse becomes a feminist cause for Amanda. Hepburn generously saw Holliday's work as a screen test for casting the film of Holliday's stage vehicle Born Yesterday. Hepburn's ploy worked. So does this fine, funny movie.
- Theatrical release: November 18, 1949.
- The original title was MAN AND WIFE.
- Screenwriting duo Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin drew on their experiences as former actress and former director in writing ADAM'S RIB.
- ADAM'S RIB is number 22 on the American Film Institute's list of America's 100 Funniest Movies.
- ADAM'S RIB was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1992.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 55 ratings.