12 Hits Of The '60s, Volume 2
by Various Artists
- Released: September 10, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.Run, Baby, Run (Back into My Arms) - The Newbeats
- 2.Five O'Clock World - The Vogues
- 3.Elenore - The Turtles
- 4.Not Too Long Ago - The Uniques
- 5.Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow the Sun) - Del Shannon
- 6.All Strung Out - Nino Tempo / April Stevens / Nino Tempo & April Stevens
- 7.Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye - The Casinos
- 8.Birds and the Bees, The - Jewel Akens
- 9."In" Crowd, The - Dobie Gray
- 10.My Pledge of Love - Joe Jeffrey Group
- 11.Sugar on Sunday - The Clique
- 12.Love (Can Make You Happy) - Mercy
Compilation producer: Cary E. Mansfield.
Includes liner notes by Howard Evets.
This is part of Varese Sarabande's Five Star Collection.
Audio Mixer: David Daugherty.
Liner Note Author: Howard Evets.
Arrangers: Don Ralke; Al Russ; Nick DeCaro.
12 Hits of the '60s, Vol. 2: Five Star Collection is far too brief at only 12 tracks, but it does contain an interesting mix of rock, pop, and soul hits and obscurities. The Turtles' "Elenore," the Vogues' "Five O'Clock World," Jewel Akens' "The Birds and the Bees," and the Casinos' "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" are the biggest hits here. Dobie Gray's "The 'In' Crowd" and Del Shannon's "Keep Searching (We'll Follow the Sun)" were also pretty big. The obscurities are no letdown, with the Clique's "Sugar on Sunday" and Mercy's "Love (Can Make You Happy)" being as strong as any of the hits and Nino Tempo & April Stevens' woozy Spector-lite ballad "All Strung Out" probably the best track on the collection. This is a nice little collection for a fan of '60s music who isn't afraid to take a tiny step out of the "oldies" mainstream. ~ Tim Sendra
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!