The Marshall Tucker Band Tenth (Shout! Factory)
11 copies available
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Ramblin Records
- 1.It Takes Time
- 2.Without You
- 3.See You One More Time
- 5.Cattle Drive
- 6.Gospel Singin' Man
- 7.Save My Soul
- 8.Sing My Blues
- 10.Foolish Dreaming
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Marshall Tucker Band includes: Tommy Caldwell.
The Marshall Tucker Band: Tommy Caldwell (bass guitar); George McCorkle, Jerry Eubanks, Paul Riddle, Toy Caldwell, Doug Gray.
Personnel: Toy Caldwell (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, steel guitar, harmonica, background vocals); Doug Gray (vocals, guitar); Jerry Eubanks (vocals, fiddle, flute, alto flute, saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, electric saxophone, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, vibraphone, percussion, background vocals); George McCorkle (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, organ); Tommy Caldwell (electric guitar, electric bass, background vocals); Paul Riddle (drums, snare drum, congas, background vocals); Diva Gray, Ullanda McCullough, Jocelyn Shaw, Patti Austin, Vivian Cherry (hand claps, background vocals); Ben "Mojo" Burnett (hand claps).
Audio Remasterer: Keith Blake.
Liner Note Author: Barry Alfonso.
Recording information: Bayshore Recording Studios, Con; The Hit Factory, New York, NY.
Illustrator: Chuck Ayers.
Riding high from such late-'70s classics as "Carolina Dreams" and "Together Forever," the Marshall Tucker Band appeared to be running on full cylinders heading into 1980. With the success and return to their cowboy roots on 1979's Running Like the Wind, many thought the tradition would continue with their next record. That said, Tenth was almost a 90ø turn for the band, favoring the slick, warm radio-friendly production and boogie rock … la the Doobie Brothers and other contemporaries. Things only go back to the ranch ever so slightly on the jam-friendly "Cattle Drive," which could easily be backdrop music for a scene on Dallas rather than a "hands-down-back-at-the-ranch" working man's anthem. This isn't the band in their finest form, but it's nowhere near their worst, either. This 1980 release, recently reissued on theWounded Bird imprint in 2005, was the last recording by the Marshall Tucker Band to feature the original lineup. Founding member Tommy Caldwell died tragically a month after the album's release from injuries sustained in a severe automobile accident. ~ Rob Theakston
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE