- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: January 15, 2008
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Mono - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- "The Colorization Process"
- "The Hollywood Blacklist and Bernard Gordon"
- "A Present Day Look at Stop-Motion"
- Tim Burton, Ray Harryhausen
- Ray Harryhausen - Special Effects
- Joan Taylor
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Space scientist Dr. Russell Marvin (Hugh Marlowe) and his wife Carol (Joan Taylor) are working on a secret missile project, but every time their rockets are launched, they are intercepted and destroyed by the more advanced technology of mysterious flying saucers hovering near the Earth. The alien race has completely surrounded the planet, giving Earth the sixty days to surrender. The enemy spacecraft appear indestructible, and Marvin sets out to find a weapon that can defeat them. The special effects of stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen are legendary, most notably in the scene in which flying saucers attack the Capitol building in Washington, D.C.
Alien Invasions |
- Released theatrically in New York City August 1, 1956.
- Additional cast: Tom Browne Henry (Admiral Enright); Larry Blake (Motorcycle Officer); Charles Evans (Dr. Alberts); and Alan Reynolds (Major Kimberly).