Eric Bibb Deeper in the Well
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 27, 2012
- Label: Stony Plain Music
Living Blues - p.37"With repeated listens, DEEPER IN THE WELL reveals its extraordinary depth: thoughtful, honest lyrics matched by a sublime, exquisite sound."
- 1.Bayou Belle
- 2.Could Be You, Could Be Me
- 3.Dig a Little Deeper in the Well
- 4.Money in Your Pocket
- 5.Boll Weevil
- 6.Sinner Man
- 7.In My Time
- 9.Movin' Up
- 10.No Further
- 11.Every Wind in the River
- 12.Sittin' in a Hotel Room
- 13.The Times They Are a-Changin'
- 14.The Hewlitt
Personnel: Eric Bibb (vocals, acoustic guitar, acoustic 6-string guitar, 7-string guitar, resonator guitar, baritone guitar, contra guitar); Dirk Powell (banjo, fretless banjo, mandolin, fiddle, accordion, upright bass); Cedric Watson (fiddle, background vocals); Grant Dermody (harmonica); Danny Devillier (drums, tambourine).
Audio Mixer: Michael Bishop .
Liner Note Author: Eric Bibb.
Recording information: Dirk Powell's Cypress House Studio (09/13/2011-09/17/2011).
Photographer: Patricia de Gorostarzu.
Eric Bibb's version of the blues is calm, wise, hushed, and elegant, as much or more about redemption as it is about despair, and above all, Bibb sees the blues as narrative, part of the story we all drift through. His best songs, often built on traditional patterns and rhythms, are wise and affirming, and they fall to the brighter and more hopeful side of the blues. There are several such gems on Deeper in the Well, including the opening track, a delightful piece of Louisiana shuffle funk called "Bayou Belle," the string band gospel bounce of "Dig a Little Deeper in the Well," a modal and relentlessly driving "Boll Weevil," "Sittin' in a Hotel Room," which is a wise and hopeful story of contentment, and the final track, a stunningly beautiful banjo version of Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are a-Changin'." It all adds up to a beautifully redemptive album, one of Bibb's best. ~ Steve Leggett
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE