- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Dan O'Bannon - Director/Screenwriter
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/19/1985
"...Terrifically funny....Genuinely witty..."
Total Film - 08/01/2012
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] cheap 'n' cheerful zom-com....Humorously postmodern...it's a lot of fun."
Do you wanna party' The freshly risen undead certainly do in this horror-comedy that finds two employees of a medical supply company unwittingly releasing several zombies from cylinders in which they have been trapped for many years. The nasty brain-eating creatures are as hungry as ever, and eager to make up for lost time. Soon, the local citizenry is forced to deal with a large-scale zombie epidemic. The writer of ALIEN helmed this punk/horror pastiche.
A blood-filled spoof of zombie flicks, which fans of George Romero will especially enjoy (and you know who you are). The rotting cadavers of a graveyard are resurrected by a deadly, gaseous emission. Unfortunately, the gruesome ghoulies just love to dine upon human brains, to the "grave" displeasure of the nearby townsfolk. How will the citizens rid themselves of their gore-lovin', gut-munchin' visitors'