- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 27, 2000
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Sony Pictures
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Audio Commentary by Director Kershner
Photo Stills with Narration
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen Anamorphic
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/02/1978
"...Satisfying and engaging....EYES OF LAURA MARS is a very stylish thriller..."
New York Times - 08/04/1978
"...It's the cleverness of EYES OF LAURA MARS that counts, cleverness that manifests itself in superlative casting, drily controlled direction from Irvin Kershner and specatcular settings that turn New York into the kind of eerie, lavish dreamland that could exist only in the idle noodlings of the very, very hip..."
In Irvin Kershner's thriller, Faye Dunaway plays a fashion photographer who starts to "see" murders through her camera lens and gradually realizes she's being stalked by a killer. Tommy Lee Jones is the detective trying to figure the who and why. John Carpenter co-wrote this fairly suspenseful thriller with a couple of tricky twists.
- Shot in TVC Color.
- Love Theme from "The Eyes of Laura Mars (Prisoner)" composed by Karen Lawrence and John DeSautels, sung by Barbra Streisand.
- Gallery photographs by Helmut Newton and Rebecca Blake was the special photography consultant.