- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Double victory highlights featurette
- Inspiring interviews & stories from the real Tuskegee Airmen!
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2012
"RED TAILS blends pyrotechnics and true-life underdog heroics in fictionalizing the story of the Tuskegee Airmen....It's a compelling story..."
Total Film - 07/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "[A] rip-roaring, flag-waving, barnstorming comic-book adventure....The frenetic dogfights are some of the best-looking aerial action scenes since Lucas' original Saturday-matinee redux."
The thrilling true story of the Tuskegee Airmen buzzes to the big screen in this epic war adventure from executive producer George Lucas and first-time feature director Anthony Hemingway. In the fire and chaos of World War II, the U.S. military recruits a fearless group of African-American fighter pilots to help reclaim the skies over Europe. Discriminated against both as citizens and as soldiers, the Tuskegee Airmen take flight in planes distinguished by distinctive red tails, and fight to defeat the tyranny of the Axis powers. As a result of their bravery, the pilots emerge as true heroes, and prove that all men are truly created equal. Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Bryan Cranston star.