- Released: May 15, 2012
- Label: Omni - City Hall
- 1.Are You From Dixie?
- 2.Steady Drips of Water
- 3.Eight More Miles To Louisville
- 4.Banjo Am the Instrument
- 5.Springtime Comes But Once a Year
- 6.Goin' Down To the River
- 7.Heart Full of Love
- 8.Night Train To Memphis
- 9.Don't Look Back
- 10.Falling Leaves
- 11.Old Rattler
- 12.Banjo Sam
- 13.Going Across the Sea
- 14.Old Blue
- 15.Mountain Dew
- 16.King of the Cannon County Hills
- 17.Trouble In Mind
- 18.Pretty Little Devilish Mary
- 19.That's All This Old World Needs
- 20.Smoke, Smoke, Smoke (But Not Around Me)
- 21.Bill's Gonna Soon Be Home
- 22.I've Learned To Leave That To the Lord
- 23.I'll Just Keep Living Along
- 24.The Valley of the Never Do No Good
- 25.A Dollar Short
- 26.Coal Camp
- 28.Are You Sleeping Daddy Darlin'
- 29.Here I Am Makin' Plans
- 30.Nashville On My Mind
- 31.Deep Dark Corners of My Mind
- 32.The Mountain Man
Personnel: Joe Tanner, Harold Bradley, Joe Edwards, Ray Edenton, Wayne Moss, Merle Travis (guitar); Jerry Byrd (steel guitar); Rita Faye Sinks (autoharp); Ramona Jones (mandolin, background vocals); Floyd Cramer, Larry Butler , Norro Wilson, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); James Isbell, Buddy Harman (drums); The Anita Kerr Singers, The Glaser Brothers (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Jason Odd.
Recording information: The Bradley Film & Recording Studio (1961-1973); The Monument Recording Studio, Nashville (1961-1973).
This reissue from Omni features a pair of LPs by Grandpa Jones, Everybody's Grandpa and Sings Hits from Hee Haw, originally issued on Monument in the late '60s and early '70s. Highlights among the 33 tracks include "Are You from Dixie?," Night Train to Memphis," "Mountain Dew," and the Jones-penned standard "Eight More Miles to Louisville." Since very little is available on CD from Grandpa Jones, this reissue should please both casual listeners and collectors. ~ Al Campbell