- English Language Dubbed Version featuring Footage Not Seen in Original Foreign Broadcast
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 30, 2006
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Synapse Films
- Note: This special edition contains all three STALINGRAD documentaries: "THE ATTACK," "THE KESSEL," "THE DOOM."
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English - Dubbed
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Bonus Unaired Footage
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
English language dubbed version - The Eastern Front experienced the viciousness of war on a scale of unimaginable horror and brutality. The bloodiest and most savage fighting took place in Stalingrad between August 1942 and February 1943. Stalin's city on the Volga had military significance for Hitler. It carried the name of his enemy and therefore had to be destroyed. The ensuing battle sealed the fates of hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians and marked the turning point of World War II. It was the beginning of the end for Nazi Germany. In their three-part, 16:9 HDTV documentary, internationally recognized, award-winning, documentary filmmakers Sebastian Dehnhardt, Christian Deick and Jorg Mullner reveal new historical facts while touching the emotions of their audience with new, moving eyewitness accounts and confessions from some of the last survivors.
STALINGRAD is a three-part documentary that examines, from multiple angles, the Nazi seige of the city between August 1942 and February 1943. The program contains a wealth of previously unreleased material, including actual footage shot by soldiers during the seige, as well as digitally restored archive film and 3-D animation recreations. Background story and eyewitness accounts help make this a deeply moving and highly informative experience.