the Music from "The Good Bad and the Ugly" & "A Fistful of Dollars" & "For a Few Dollars More"
17 copies available
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.01 (34% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bob Crewe ~ The Best of the Bob Crewe Generation: Music to Watch Girls By ~ $12.49
- by Ennio Morricone ~ The Legendary Italian Westerns: The Film Composers Series, Volume 2 ~ $5.97
- by Ennio Morricone ~ Once Upon a Time in the West ~ $5.97
- by The Ventures ~ The Very Best of The Ventures ~ $9.90
- Released: May 23, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: RCA
Magnet - p.91"Ennio Morricone is a master of mood, and he uses instruments the way visual artists use brush strokes, dropping dollops of sound over blank canvases. The music's minimalism is remarkable..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Hugo Montenegro Orchestra includes: Hugo Montenegro (conductor).
Producers: Neely Plumb (tracks 1-5, 7-11); Neely Plumb, Al Schmitt (track 6).
Reissue producer: Paul Williams.
Recorded at RCA Victor's Music Center Of The World, Hollywood, California on January 18, April 26 and November 18, 1967.
All songs written by Ennio Morricone.
Recording information: RCA Victor's Music Center Of the World, Hollywood, CA (01/18/1967-11/18/1967).
Unknown Contributor Role: k.
Along with the James Bond, Pink Panther, and Peter Gunn themes, the title piece of The Good, the Bad & the Ugly is arguably one of the greatest themes ever written. The entire score ties with those from Midnight Express and Blade Runner as the greatest soundtracks of all time. Many imitated the profoundly unique, deeply haunting style of composer Ennio Morricone, but none could attain his level of brilliance. Hugo Montenegro comes very close in a pop vein. His version of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" was a smash, and he weaves bells, marching chants, and myriad other sounds into a spaghetti tapestry that not only recalls the tension on the screen, but also makes for fine listening. The themes from A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More also have several great moments. Get this too-brief comp for its excellence and historical significance, but get Morricone's originals because therein can be heard some of the best music ever created. ~ Doug Stone
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 45 ratings.
Based on 45 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
What the World Needs Now: Burt Bacharach Classics (CD)
$7.38 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Soundtracks genre:
- Various Artists Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~ $6.74 CYBER SALE
- Soundtrack River's Edge (Soundtrack Album) (LP) ~ $4.49 CYBER SALE
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) (4LP Boxset) ~ $69.95 CYBER SALE
- Max Steiner King Kong / She (Original Soundtracks) [Import] (CD) ~ $3.98 CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Cocktail (LP) ~ $3.74 CYBER SALE