- Interview with writer Elliott Stein
- Theatrical Trailer
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 28, 2005
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Synapse Films
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Elliott Stein - Screenwriter (video)
- Audio Commentary: Richard Gordon - Executive Producer, Tom Weaver - Film Historian
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "The Cut Ups"
- "Towers Open Fire"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2010
"[I]t's a series of vignettes by turns sexy, horrific and/or flat-out demented, with nods to comic-strip spy thrillers and silent slapstick..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Journey into the mind of the undead, as a talking mummy guides us on grand tour of the timeless "battle of the sexes" between man and woman. A cult classic from Executive Producer Richard Gordon.
A British cult classic produced by notorious exploitation maverick Robert Gordon (FIEND WITHOUT A FACE, DEVIL DOLL), BIZARRE takes an anthological tour of the reputed "battle of the sexes." Hosted by a thousand-year-old mummy who's been around long enough to know what he's talking about, audiences are party to a series of vignettes illustrating the lengths humans will go to in order to gain sexual pleasure. Tracing this ultimate mission throughout its evolution over the centuries, the anthology features go-go dancers being pelted with vegetables, and a ménage-a trois comprised of a nerd, a beautiful call girl, and a pet lizard, and a male model being tortured. By turns gruesome and hilarious, the film more than lives up to its moniker, and this restored version, originally released in the UK as THE SECRETS OF SEX, contains footage not previously seen in the US.
Cult Film |