- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 27, 2001
- Label: Interscope Records
Entertainment Weekly - 4/20/01, p.72
"...At his best, 2pac elevated gangsta boasts into poetic, sorrow-filled ruminations on thug life..." - Rating: B
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Ballad of a Dead Soulja
- 2.F*** Friendz
- 3.Lil' Homies
- 4.Let 'Em Have It - (featuring SKG)
- 5.Good Life - (featuring Big Syke / E.D.I.)
- 6.Letter 2 My Unborn
- 7.Breathin - (featuring Outlawz)
- 8.Happy Home
- 9.All Out - (featuring Outlawz)
- 10.F***** Wit the Wrong N****
- 11.Thug N U Thug N Me - (mix, remix, featuring K-Ci & JoJo)
- 12.Everything They Owe
- 13.Until the End of Time - (remix, featuring RL)
- 14.M.O.B. - (featuring Thug Life / Outlawz)
- 15.World Wide Mob Figgaz - (featuring Outlawz)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Big Syke Interlude
- 2.My Closest Roaddogz
- 3.N**** Nature - (Remix, remix, featuring Lil' Mo)
- 4.When Thugz Cry
- 5.U Don't Have 2 Worry - (featuring Outlawz)
- 6.This Ain't Livin
- 7.Why U Turn on Me
- 8.Lastonesleft - (featuring Outlawz)
- 9.Thug N U Thug N Me - (featuring K-Ci & JoJo)
- 10.Words 2 My First Born - (featuring Above the Law)
- 11.Let 'Em Have It - (Remix, remix, featuring Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes)
- 12.Runnin on E - (featuring Outlawz)
- 13.When I Get Free - (featuring J. Valentine)
- 14.Until the End of Time - (RP Remix, RP remix, featuring Richard Page)
Personnel: 2Pac (rap vocals); Capucine (vocals); Left Eye, Outlaws (rap vocals); "DJ Quik" (various instruments); Greg Dalton (guitar, keyboards); Cold 187 um, Marlon Williams, Darrell Crooks, Danny Devoux, Eric Jackson, George Johnson, Eddie "Spanky" Alford (guitar); Ronnie King (keyboards); Corney Mims (bass); Carl "Butch" Small (percussion); KCi & Jo Jo, R.L., Lil Mo, 6 Feet Deep, Tiffany Villarrea, Honey, Tena Jones, Barbara Wilson, Tracy Hardin, Timothy, Channete Higgens, Channoah Higgens, Ta'He, Shiro, Vanessa (background vocals).
Producers include: Johnny "J", LT Hutton, Mike Mosley, Tyrone Wrice, Kurt "Kobane" Couthon.
Engineers include: Keston E. Wright, Ian Boxill, Ethan Mates.
Includes liner notes by Afeni Shakur.
Personnel: 2Pac (vocals); Six Feet Deep (vocals); George Johnson , Greg Dalton, Marlon Williams (guitar); Cold 187um, Ronnie King (keyboards); Honey, Barbara Wilson (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Ian Boxill; Claudio Cueni; Cold 187um; Crooked 1; Brian Springer.
Audio Remixers: Jamie Jones; Martin Kember; Eric Rico; Jason Pennock.
Recording information: CA And O'Henry, Burbank, CA; Can Am Studios, Tarzana, CA; Paramount Recording Studios, West Hollywood, CA; QD3 Soundlab, Northridge, CA; Record One, Sherman Oaks, CA; Skip Saylor, Los Angeles, CA; UNI Studios, Atlanta, GA.
Unknown Contributor Role: DJ Quik.
Arranger: Cold 187um.
This two-disc posthumous collection of previously unreleased tracks from '95 and '96 contains many poignant and prescient cuts, notable for their premonitions of early death and the inevitable outcome of a life lived on the edges of society. 2Pac's murder in 1997 spawned the usual macabre industry that surrounds prominent deceased figures, but UNTIL THE END OF TIME, with its touching liner notes from the rap star's mother, the former Black Panther Afeni Shakur, is a well-assembled collection.
It features guest appearances from Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, KCi & Jo Jo, and the Outlawz among others, all of whom lend their unique talents to a collection of songs that serves to underscore the loss suffered by the rap community on 2Pac's death. Highlights include "Ballad of a Dead Soulja" and the epic, prophetic title track, which features quotes from Mr. Mister's '80s hit "Broken Wings."