- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2012
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Miramax Echo Bridge
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 11/28/1991
"...[The] camera work is stunning..."
Entertainment Weekly - 05/15/1992
"...K2 will leave you with a fresh appreciation of mountain climbing in all its fearless, obsessive, be-all-that-you-can-be glory..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/01/1992
"...[Featuring] some genuinely spectacular and gut-clenching mountaineering footage....Roddam has turned the scenes on the mountain into a pleasantly hair-raising experience..."
Two friends risk it all to climb the legendary "Savage Mountain" in northern Pakistan, unaware that the only thing standing between themselves and sure death is the loyalty of friendship.
Two friends, one brash (Taylor) and one cautious (Harold), join a millionaire's mountain-climbing expedition in an attempt on the world's second-highest peak, K2. The mountain's reputation for danger soon proves to be true, leaving Taylor and Harold to make the final assault alone.
Personal Triumph |
- The title, "K2", refers to Karakoram Peak 2, the second highest mountain in the world, at 28,250 feet.
- "K2" originally appeared as a one-act Broadway play. Written by Patrick Meyers, the play featured only two characters, Taylor (played by Jeffrey De Munn) & Harold (Jay Patterson). The setting won a Tony for designer Ming Cho Lee and featured a 55-foot styrofoam mountain.
- Vancouver, Canada, and Mount Steinbok, found 125 miles east of Vancouver, stood in for Seattle, Washington and Moose's Tooth, Alaska, which are featured in the film's opening scenes. Filming at three different locations provided the K2 footage: Mount Waddington, 200 miles north of Vancouver; Skardu, Pakistan; and Blackcomb Mountain, a ski resort 75 miles north of Vancouver.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 096009816490
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item