Eddy Duchin The Elegant Eddy Duchin and His Orchestra (1933-37)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$12.92 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.06 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eddy Duchin ~ Dancing With Duchin ~ $9.33
- by Carmen Cavallaro ~ The Eddy Duchin Story / Eddy Duchin Remembered ~ $11.73
- by Eddy Duchin ~ The Sophisticated Styling of Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra (1933-37) ~ $12.92
- by Eddy Duchin ~ Talk of the Town ~ $14.20
- Released: August 7, 1996
- Label: Take Two Records
- 1.It's Delovely - Jerry Cooper, Eddy Duchin
- 2.Moon over Miami
- 3.Love Is Good for Anything That Ails You
- 4.I Only Have Eyes for You
- 5.When a Women Loves a Man - The DeMarco Sisters, Eddy Duchin
- 6.It's the Talk of the Town
- 7.Too Marvelous for Words - Jerry Cooper, Eddy Duchin
- 8.Star Is Born - Buddy Clark, Eddy Duchin
- 9.I've Got a Feelin' Your Foolin'
- 10.Let's Fall in Love
- 11.Close Your Eyes
- 13.I Cover the Waterfront
- 14.Did You Ever See a Dream Walking
- 15.Haunting Me
- 16.South Sea Island Magic
- 17.Ill Wind - Harold Arlen, Eddy Duchin
- 18.Isn't This a Lovely Day
- 19.Flirtation Walk
- 20.I See Two Lovers
- 21.Heaven Help This Heart of Mine - Buddy Clark, Eddy Duchin
- 22.Lights Out
Personnel: Eddy Duchin (piano).
Liner Note Author: Peter Duchin.
Recording information: 08/08/1933-05/14/1937.
Take Two Records presents "The Elegant Eddy Duchin" with 1933-37, a chronologically jumbled cross-section of recordings made by this highly successful pianist and his hugely popular dance band between August 8, 1933 and May 14, 1937, with vocals by Lew Sherwood, Jerry Cooper, Harold Arlen, the DeMarco Sisters and Buddy Clark. Handsome, suave and debonair, Duchin assumed leadership of Leo Reisman's Orchestra in 1931 and made records for the Columbia and Brunswick labels before switching to Victor in 1933 and waxing no less than 160 titles for that company over the next four years. Duchin's romantically tinted brand of musical entertainment was perfect for effortless listening, intimate dining, and relaxed dancing. This album contains a brief written reminiscence by Peter Duchin, the pianist's son, who proudly describes his father's participation in the Normandy Invasion as well as the Pacific Theater of the Second World War. Peter Duchin provides this excellent assessment of his father's musical gifts: "He had the extraordinary ability to make people who were listening to him feel that he was playing just for them. He used to say that he tried to play the piano the way he would have sung the lyrics, had he been a singer...he knew by heart the lyrics of all the songs he played." This distinctly jazz-like trait -- the insistence upon knowing the words and basing one's instrumental improvisations upon that knowledge -- is most commonly associated with the work of clarinetist and tenor saxophonist Lester Young. ~ arwulf arwulf
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE