Dan Hicks Striking It Rich
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Fontana MCA N'ville
- 1.You Gotta Believe
- 2.Walkin' One and Only
- 3.O'Reilly at the Bar
- 4.Moody Richard (The Innocent Bystander)
- 5.Flight of the Fly
- 6.I Scare Myself
- 7.Philly Rag
- 8.The Laughing Song
- 9.Canned Music
- 10.I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
- 11.Woe, the Luck
- 12.Presently in the Past
- 13.Skippy's Farewell
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dan Hicks (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Sid Page (vocals, mandolin, violin, viola); Naomi Eisenberg (vocals, violin, percussion); Maryann Price (vocals, percussion); John L. Girton (guitar); Jaime Leopold (violin).
Recording information: Sunset Sound, L.A., CA (01/1972-02/1972).
Hot on the heels of 1971's WHERE'S THE MONEY came this essential title in the small but potent Dan Hicks catalog. Where its predecessor took the somewhat surprising but altogether successful route of recording the band before a live audience, STRIKING IT RICH is a studio affair.
STRIKING IT RICH debuted some of what were to become perennial Hicks favorites, such as "Walkin' One and Only" and "Moody Richard." Re-recordings of "Canned Music" and "I Scare Myself," which had been on the band's overlooked debut in 1969, enjoyed a wider audience this time out. Sadly, the Hot Licks' short run was nearing its end; LAST TRAIN TO HICKSVILLE wrapped things up in 1973. Hicks pursued his muse on his own over the following decades, reviving the band name (albeit with a different cast of players) for the excellent BEATIN' THE HEAT in the year 2000.
Festival of Acoustic Music - Greek Theater, U.C. Berkeley (CD)(5)
$10.56 Super Savings
Last Train to Hicksville: The Home of Happy Feet (CD)(21)
$7.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash The Singing Storyteller / The Rough Cut King of Country Music (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE