Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks Striking It Rich
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Fontana MCA N'ville
- 1.You Gotta Believe
- 2.Walkin' One and Only
- 3.O'Reilly at the Bar
- 4.Moody Richard (The Innocent Bystander)
- 5.Flight of the Fly
- 6.I Scare Myself
- 7.Philly Rag
- 8.The Laughing Song
- 9.Canned Music
- 10.I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
- 11.Woe, the Luck
- 12.Presently in the Past
- 13.Skippy's Farewell
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dan Hicks (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Sid Page (vocals, mandolin, violin, viola); Naomi Eisenberg (vocals, violin, percussion); Maryann Price (vocals, percussion); John L. Girton (guitar); Jaime Leopold (violin).
Recording information: Sunset Sound, L.A., CA (01/1972-02/1972).
Hot on the heels of 1971's WHERE'S THE MONEY came this essential title in the small but potent Dan Hicks catalog. Where its predecessor took the somewhat surprising but altogether successful route of recording the band before a live audience, STRIKING IT RICH is a studio affair.
STRIKING IT RICH debuted some of what were to become perennial Hicks favorites, such as "Walkin' One and Only" and "Moody Richard." Re-recordings of "Canned Music" and "I Scare Myself," which had been on the band's overlooked debut in 1969, enjoyed a wider audience this time out. Sadly, the Hot Licks' short run was nearing its end; LAST TRAIN TO HICKSVILLE wrapped things up in 1973. Hicks pursued his muse on his own over the following decades, reviving the band name (albeit with a different cast of players) for the excellent BEATIN' THE HEAT in the year 2000.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE