Lancer Spy (Full Screen)
20th Century Fox Cinema Archives (series)
|You Save:||$12 (44% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL FRAME)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 18, 2012
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Dolores del Rio, George Sanders, Peter Lorre, Virginia Field & Joseph Schildkraut|
|Directed by||Gregory Ratoff|
|Screenwriting by||Philip Dunne|
|Director of Photography:||Barney McGill|
Description by OLDIES.com:
An English spy replaces a high-ranking German Baron during WWI, and fools everybody ? except for the head of the secret police, who schemes to expose him. This international cast includes George Sanders, Peter Lorre, and Mexican starlet Dolores del Rio.
Set during World War I, LANCER SPY stars a young George Sanders as Michael Bruce, an officer in the British Navy who bears an uncanny resemblance to the recently-captured Baron Kurt von Rohbach (also Sanders). Rohbach is highly connected in the German aristocracy, and his capture has been kept quite secret. This allows Bruce to be drafted into service to impersonate the German officer, infiltrate the enemy at the top level, and send back information that can turn the tide in the war. Bruce does a remarkable job and fools just about everyone; only the head of the secret police Major Gruning (Peter Lorre) has his doubts, but he can hardly accuse someone of the Baron's standing on nothing more than suspicions. He therefore engages a comely nightclub singer Dolores Daria Sunnell (Dolores Del Rio) to seduce Bruce and find out if his suspicions are sound or baseless. Unfortunately for Gruning, the singer finds her heart genuinely stolen by the imposter. She discovers the truth, but refuses to out him. Meanwhile, Gruning has laid his hands on some evidence of his own, and he moves to capture Bruce. Having accomplished his mission, Bruce flees to Switzerland. Gruning captures Dolores instead and puts her to death for her betrayal.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,217
- UPC: 024543842095
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Strip Tease Murder Case (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- End of the World (1934) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- King of The Wild (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE