Jackie DeShannon Your Baby Is a Lady
- Released: September 3, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Wounded Bird Records
- 1.Small Town Talk - Jackie DeShannon, Charles, Bobby
- 2.Jimmie, Just Sing Me One More Song - Jackie DeShannon, Gall, Wendy
- 3.I Won't Let You Go - Jackie DeShannon, MacDonald, Ralph
- 4.(If You Never Have a Big Hig Record) You're Still Gonna Be My Star - Jackie DeShannon, Pomus, Doc
- 5.Your Baby Is a Lady - Jackie DeShannon, DeShannon, Jackie
- 6.The You Touch and You Go - Jackie DeShannon, DeShannon, Jackie
- 7.Other Side of Me - Jackie DeShannon, Sedaka, Neil
- 8.That's What I'm Here For - Jackie DeShannon, Schwartz, Steven
- 9.You've Changed - Jackie DeShannon, DeShannon, Jackie
- 10.I Don't Know What's the Matter with My Baby - Jackie DeShannon, MacDonald, Ralph
Personnel: Jackie DeShannon (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Cornell Dupree, Keith Loving, Hugh McCracken (guitar); Susan Jolles (harp); David "Fathead" Newman (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Garnett Brown (trombone); Arthur Jenkins, Jr. (piano, electric piano, organ); Richard Tee (piano, organ); Kenneth Bichel (synthesizer); Andrew Smith , Steve Gadd (drums); Ralph MacDonald (percussion); J.R. Bailey, Cissy Houston, Deidre Tuck, Gwen Guthrie, Judy Clay, Sammy Turner (background vocals).
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Recording information: Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY; Regent Sound STudios, New York, NY.
Author: Jackie DeShannon.
Photographer: David Gohr.
Unknown Contributor Role: William Eaton.
Following a fruitful 1960s, the '70s were less kind to pop star songwriter Jackie DeShannon. Though her star hadn't faded completely -- DeShannon worked successfully with Van Morrison in this time and continued to pen hits for other artists -- a string of changes in labels and other career details distracted from her path. The 1974 album Your Baby Is a Lady would be DeShannon's last for Atlantic, and though backed by a string of sturdy session players, hints of exhaustion come through in parts of the album's dusty blue-eyed soul feel. The strongest moments come in a pair of DeShannon's own compositions, the jaunty title track and the wistful soft rock Carole King-isms of "You've Changed." ~ Fred Thomas
The Complete Liberty Singles, Volume 1 - You Won't Forget... (CD)(3)
$12.35 Super Savings
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.82 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE