- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 26, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: New Video Group
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Docurama Previews
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Text: THE ORIGINS OF FASTPITCH SOFTBALL
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/25/2000
"...A valentine to fastpitch softball....FASTPITCH is a fine film..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/08/2000
"...Spear has a knack for extracting honest moments from his subjects....Spear is a good filmmaker, using quick cuts and moody lighting for effect..."
Jeremy Spear, director of FASTPITCH, joins an Ohio-based Fastpitch softball team, determined to help bring it to the World Championships. In the process, he makes this documentary that is mostly about the dying sport, and also about America's diverse melting pot of people--even within the niche of professional Fastpitch softball.
- IN THEATRES: AUGUST 25, 2000 (NY)