Tab Benoit Night Train to Nashville (Live)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 31, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Telarc
Dirty Linen - p.78"[W]ith a nice balance of blues, funk, rhythm and blues, Cajun, and zydeco....The songs and musicianship are top-notch."
Living Blues - p.84"His less-is-more guitar style is emphasized on the swampy rock 'n' boogie song 'Night Train.' 'Solid Simple Things' features sturdy vocals that create a sense of Americana that few other artists on today's scene could equal."
- 1.Night Train
- 2.Solid Simple Things
- 4.Too Sweet For Me - (featuring Kim Wilson)
- 5.Moon Comin' Over the Hill
- 6.Lost in Your Lovin'
- 7.Rendezvous With the Blues - (featuring Jimmy Hall)
- 8.Fever For the Bayou - (featuring Jumpin' Johnny Sansone)
- 9.New Orleans Ladies - (featuring Jimmy Hall)
- 10.Muddy Bottom Blues - (featuring Jimmy Hall)
- 11.Stackolina - (featuring Kim Wilson)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Tab Benoit: Jim Odom (guitar); Tony Haselden (banjo); Nelson Blanchard (keyboards); Leon Medica (electric bass); David Petters (drums); Mark Duthu (percussion).
Personnel: Tab Benoit (vocals, guitar); Jim Lauderdale (vocals, guitar); Kim Wilson (vocals, harp, harmonica); Jimmy Hall (vocals, harmonica); Jumpin' Johnny Sansone (harmonica); David Peters (drums); Waylon Thibodeaux (washboard).
Audio Mixer: Tab Benoit.
Recording information: The Place On Second Street, Nashville, TN.
Author: Tab Benoit.
Photographer: Darren Ray.
With performances culled from a volcanic two-night stand in Nashville in 2007, NIGHT TRAIN TO NASHVILLE confirms what blues insiders have known for a long time: Tab Benoit is the real deal. Hot on the heels of winning the 2006 B.B. King Entertainer of the Year award, Benoit ripped through these 11 keepers with an array of star guests from across the American roots firmament. Jim Lauderdale appears on the sensually nostalgic "Moon Coming Over the Hill" while set closer "Stackolina" features cajun fiddler/washboardist Waylon Thibodeaux and Fabulous Thunderbirds singer Kim Wilson. The star of the show though, naturally, is Benoit, who with the nastiest of telecaster licks, cements his status as the Louisianian swamp blues answer to Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Generations of Blues, Volume 3 - Guitar Greats (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 3: 1936-1937 (CD)
$15.16 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE