Kenny Neal What You Got
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 25, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Telarc
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I Smell Smoke
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Neal and Prey
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Little Brother (Make a Way)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.What You Got
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Blues Ain't Nothing But a Good Man Feeling Bad
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Deja Vu
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I'm the Man Your Mama Told You About
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Loving on Borrowed Time
- $0.99 on iTunes10.You've Been Spying on Me
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Never Thought About Growing Old
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Killed the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Kenny Neal (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Marshall DeMott (tenor & baritone saxophones); Noel Neal (bass); Kennard Johnson (drums).
Recorded at The Studio, Portland, Maine in July 1999. Includes liner notes by Art Tipaldi.
Personnel: Kenny Neal (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Anthony Geraci (piano, organ); Kennard Johnson (drums).
Audio Mixer: Lincoln Clapp.
Liner Note Author: Kenny Neal.
Recording information: The Studio, Portland, ME (07/1999).
Photographer: Chris Jacobs .
This is Neal's third album for Telarc and it's definitely one of his best releases to date. He's long been known for his Louisiana blues groove, but this CD will force critics and fans to reassess their take on Neal's sound. Tracks like "Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right," "Little Brother (Make a Way)," "I'm The Man Your Mama Told You About," "Loving on Borrowed Time," and "Deja Vu" are robust numbers that variously evince Chicago and Memphis influences, while the title track is a gorgeous bit of soul music that showcases Neal's mature voice. In fact, one of the major highlights of this collection is Neal's vocal work. He has become an exceptional blues singer, with a powerful and wonderfully nuanced voice. Add his excellent lead guitar work and make note of the fact that he wrote, or co-authored, nine of the 12 songs on this disc. The guy has become a multiple-threat bluesman and this album, in demonstrating that, has to be seen as a pivotal point in Neal's discography. ~ Philip Van Vleck
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE